OT: Must see/ do in Winnipeg

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I didn't see a general OT thread, so created this one.

I'm coming to Winnipeg next weekend for a few days. I've been away for almost 5 years now. What do I have to check out?

Jetland162702

Pup-peroni Junkie
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Not that much has changed in 5 years but a few things come to mind:
Human Right Museum, Forks, Grand Beach, Lower Fort Garry, (Aviation Museum is closed until March next year)
I will let other address the night life scenarios

Last edited:
Reactions: Jet

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
River walk.

the urban trees.

Downtown/exchange walking . It really is a nice downtown to walk around and take in.

Osborne, Corydon, Wolseley, west end loop is a beautiful walk for a day.

compared to most North American cities Winnipeg has a fabulous network/structure. Beautiful old homes/neighborhoods. People don’t appreciate it.

The decades of suburban (commuter-shed to other municipalities) sprawl really destroyed much of the vitality of the old core/fabric. Same story that plays out pretty much everywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hobby Bull

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Reactions: hockeyarena and Jet

Ted

Oct 23, 2017
Not sure if it's still running and might be tough getting tickets, but the Hermetic Code Tour of the Manitoba Legislature is absolutely fantastic.

Reactions: 10Ducky10 and Jet

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
The Ex? Lol I live in Florida and I don't wanna get robbed :laugh:

hey, you wanted ideas ..... :laugh:

Bring your mace ......

check the Mint out and the Bombers/Goldeyes are playing at this time of the year

enjoy your visit here

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Looks like you're coming just in time for the weather to turn and the rain to begin. Should've come this weekend. Sunny and hot. You blew it. ;)

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
The Forks is a must, especially if you haven't been back in 6+ years. When I stopped in after being gone for a while, I couldn't get over the overall change.

Reactions: ps241 and Jet

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Sure, you could go the "CMHR and Forks" route, but if you want to experience TRUE Winnipeg culture, I suggest walking around downtown Transcona followed by a couple of beers at the Northern Hotel on main street.

Reactions: hockeyarena and Jet

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Include things to do with your kids......I'm always trying to figure out new things to do with my kids

Reactions: Jet and ps241

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
Louis Reil house on River rd in St vital is cool little attraction.

They usually have people tending the gardens etc. Not sure with the pandemic. Its free.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I didn't see a general OT thread, so created this one.

I'm coming to Winnipeg next weekend for a few days. I've been away for almost 5 years now. What do I have to check out?

You lived allot of your life here so I am trying to think what has changed. I agree on the Forks they have really done a good job with evolving their brand. Everyone tells me Clementine has the best breakfasts in the city but you would want to check out their hours because I think they are closed a few days. Other than that I have spent so much time raising a young family I am pretty unplugged.

Reactions: Gm0ney and Jet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad