Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I don't care lol GTFO

:sarcasm:

Nah seriously. I like maybe 20 songs from the Sir and maybe 10 from Bowie
Im ready to fight you and old man Runner over this, physically.

The rise and fall of Ziggy Stardust and the spiders from Mars is the best album ever. My favorite.

Suffragette city
Starman
Ziggy stardust
Soul Love
Etc

And that doesnt even count his two best hits in space oddity and Changes.

Its also one of the greatest album story ever written. Hes a master and I love him, boom, here you have it.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

The rise and fall of Ziggy Stardust and the spiders from Mars is the best album ever. My favorite.

Suffragette city
Starman
Ziggy stardust
Soul Love
Etc

Its also one of the greatest album story ever written. Hes a master and I love him, boom, here you have it.

Winner takes Fatso and 2 cases of Beefaroni. :sarcasm:

I liked both but was always more partial to Elton who ruled top 40 radio in the 70s and 80s with impunity. He could churn them out like nobody's business. So many hits, a master of melody coupled with brilliant lyrics.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

Suffragette city
Starman
Ziggy stardust
Soul Love
Etc

Low >>> Ziggy Stardust

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If you could stream songs from only one LP, which would it be regardless of musical style?

There are people who fall into this category as I found out when I traveled Europe a decade ago. Was talking to a guy about an old car he had held on to and he told me how he was also driving a newer vehicle and how for every single car he had ever owned, he always had Simon & Garfunkel's Greatest Hits album handy.

Of course, the thought of only resorting to the one album has become ludicrous on account of streaming services.

Just for the hell of it, what LP would you never grow tired of?
The Police. 2007 self titled double album.

Reactions: Runner77

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
To be fair, I'm not really a fan of Simon and Garfunkel's full band version of it either, Disturbed just took it to a whole new level. The original one is the only one I truly like but goddamn that's a great song.

You ain't not gonna hear S&G blasting out of my sunroof while I'm bolting down the hi-way .lol.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
If you could stream songs from only one LP, which would it be regardless of musical style?

There are people who fall into this category as I found out when I traveled Europe a decade ago. Was talking to a guy about an old car he had held on to and he told me how he was also driving a newer vehicle and how for every single car he had ever owned, he always had Simon & Garfunkel's Greatest Hits album handy.

Of course, the thought of only resorting to the one album has become ludicrous on account of streaming services.

Just for the hell of it, what LP would you never grow tired of?

First thing that came to mind was Back in Black,but even then, listening to music is contingent to the mood you're in. Rumors from the Fleetwood Mac is easy to take anytime as is Document from REM. so many out out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
This MAN changes the version of this song every time I've seen him,always great though.

This version reminds me of my days in the rising sun.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This MAN changes the version of this song every time I've seen him,always great though.

I loved this cut from Joe Jackson from Day 1. The only one I remember really liking. Don't know what else he did after that.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Always a sucker for catchy guitar riffs. This one has always delivered that way:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm going to see Steve Hackett performing all of Selling England by the Pound in September at the PdA. Gotta give those tracks a listen, it's been a while.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Always a sucker for catchy guitar riffs. This one has always delivered that way:

Not sure if I've ever seen them play this live,and must have seen them a dozen or more times ranging a good 30 years. Best show was second night for nature of the beast tour,last show on a world tour,epic!.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not sure if I've ever seen them play this live,and must have seen them a dozen or more times ranging a good 30 years. Best show was second night for nature of the beast tour,last show on a world tour,epic!.

They got some traction from that cut but it's not what they're known for. Just like some of the sweet spots on it, it reminds me a lot about how songs were constructed in the 70s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad