OT: Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
With Osheaga's lineup being out today, I will be attending for the first time because I must see Radiohead.

I do have a question for more experienced Osheaga goers though. How quickly do the weekend passes usually sell out? I am going to buy the Gold pass, but I'd like to know how much time I've got.

Thank you.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
I am going to buy the Gold pass

Rare picture of GoodKiwi :

8248d1409670679-forex-mmcis-com-scam-money1.jpg

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
There's some good stuff but lacks depth and I don't care about those headliners.

Hope they add some more bands.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
seriously though, Radiohead is huuuuuuge and i'd love to see them, but the prices are still ridiculous to me. I'll just stay home and listen to Amnesiac again

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Trust me, it's worth it.

I used to see shows all the time, i've seen Streetlight Manifesto like... 7 time? :laugh:

I just don't care for it anymore, at some point for me the things I always hated about them started weighting more than the things I liked about them, so i'm pretty much done with concerts

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If you wait, they'll be selling one-day tickets at some point, as they do every year. You can save a bunch.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
I used to see shows all the time, i've seen Streetlight Manifesto like... 7 time? :laugh:

I just don't care for it anymore, at some point for me the things I always hated about them started weighting more than the things I liked about them, so i'm pretty much done with concerts

I meant, whatever the price is, it's worth seeing Radiohead live.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
If you wait, they'll be selling one-day tickets at some point, as they do every year. You can save a bunch.

That's something I'd consider, but can I get a one day Gold pass? I've no interest in general admission tickets. Does anyone know?

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
i'm sure it is, they're one of my favorite band, but it's still not enough for me to even consider going tbh

I'm less of a music fan and more of a Radiohead fan. So there's hardly any price that can be put on me seeing them perform live. I go to several of their concerts per year typically all over NA & EU.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

What was the tipping point for you? Curious to know when you decided to move on and what in particular, turned you off enough not to go back.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
What was the tipping point for you? Curious to know when you decided to move on and what in particular, turned you off enough not to go back.

hmmm I don't think it was ONE event, but more and more, every show I felt like cancelling and just not going. Having to take my car OR the metro downtown, wait in line (in the cold if it's the winter), get inside and wait for an hour because bands are allwwwwayyys late, hoping the opening acts won't be complete trash (i've seen a bunch of terrible opening acts), being stuck there with sweaty dudes pushing you around for 3h, then having to make it alllll the way back home

everything feels like a hassle at a concert, I think i'm having a concert-depression

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I can relate. Even at venues where there is reserved seating, there are always going to be a bunch of people who will stand up for no reason and block your view. And there is that cattle feeling, usually too many people for the space available.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
This is completely OT, but I just realized today is 10 years to the day since I joined this joint.

Runner77, I guess I'll go ahead and change my name to TinKiwi instead. :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This is completely OT, but I just realized today is 10 years to the day since I joined this joint.

Runner77, I guess I'll go ahead and change my name to TinKiwi instead. :laugh:

10 years already? You're resilient all right. Props to you and here's to many more. :handclap:

TinKiwi or TenKiwi? You don't like the gold standard, huh? ;)

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
10 years already? You're resilient all right. Props to you and here's to many more. :handclap:

TinKiwi or TenKiwi? You don't like the gold standard, huh? ;)

Thank you!

Your Gold reference got me thinking in terms of names for wedding anniversaries. :laugh:

The names of some anniversaries provide guidance for appropriate or traditional gifts for the spouses to give each other; if there is a party these can be brought by the guests or influence the theme or decoration. These gifts vary in different countries, but some years have well-established connections now common to most nations: 5th Wooden, 10th Tin, 15th Crystal, 20th China, 25th Silver, 30th Pearl, 40th Ruby, 50th Gold, 60th Diamond, 70th Platinum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding_anniversary

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Osheaga is so overpriced these days.

As for Radiohead, I'm pretty dissapointed that they decided to play Osheaga instead of headlining their own concert. They were amazing during their In Rainbows tour at Parc Jean Drapeau back in 2008.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Osheaga is so overpriced these days.

As for Radiohead, I'm pretty dissapointed that they decided to play Osheaga instead of headlining their own concert. They were amazing during their In Rainbows tour at Parc Jean Drapeau back in 2008.

Best day of my life so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->