Injury Report: Murphy out 12 weeks with back injury (9/19)

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002

Hey look, something more specific than "upper body".

Silver lining is that this probably means we get a look at Jokiharju

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
From 4 ****ing days ago:

BLOG: Three Questions with Connor Murphy

2. How's your golf game been this summer and what are your expectations today?
I've been playing a lot. In Columbus, there are a lot of courses there so I have some buddies to play with. I'm an average golfer but I have fun.

Also from the blog:

3. Who's the best golfer on the team?
Everyone knows it's Nick Schmaltz. he plays a ton and he gets his handicap down. Kaner plays a lot, other than that I don't know who else plays much, but Schmaltz is good.

Schmaltz and Kane also played a lot. Not really a smoking gun.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Yeah who cares if these guys play golf in the off-season? What are they supposed to do, sit at home and stare at the wall?
Workout, cause remember golf is not a workout-Kimmo Timonen

Forsling and Murphy out til Novemeber gives more of the depth open spots to earn early

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
From 4 ****ing days ago:

I've been playing a lot. In Columbus, there are a lot of courses there so I have some buddies to play with. I'm an average golfer but I have fun.

giphy.gif

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Does it really need to be said that you simply can’t spend the entire summer doing nothing but working out and playing hockey? Your body needs to recover and you absolutely need to take your mind off of hockey for a bit.

I’d venture to say the vast majority of hockey players spend a lot of time golfing in the offseason.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
From 4 ****ing days ago:

This means literally nothing.

Most hockey players play golf all summer, this is not a new thing so there is no point in trying to make it something it is not.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The Hawks told reporters today that they are going to provide more injury information than they have in the past. It will no longer be upper or lower. They will be specific. I think it is stupid but that is just me.

Reactions: migi

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
While I don't like golf, it's almost a punch line that all hockey players golf during the offseason, because a whole lot of them do. Unless he was pulling a Jackass and got hurt by doing stunts in a golf kart, the two are hardly worthy of connecting. And even if he did hurt himself golfing, it's a fluke akin to stumbling down the stair on accident.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Shaping up to be his worst.

I don’t see how this team makes the playoffs outside of the top guys playing like top guys the whole year. They can’t afford any disappearing acts.
They are going to have to open it up and try to just plain out score the other team every night, and they don't have the depth up front to do that.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yup, absolutely awful offseason for Bowman, once again.

Or he is trying to force Q to start using younger players which has to happen.

This team should not have spent this offseason and the rebuild is the right choice.

Another high 1st plus spending next summer and the Hawks should be able to start competing again. I would rather have 2 down years than do what the Wings did.

Who should they spend on next summer? AP, EK65, etc?

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad