Injury Report: Murphy out “a couple weeks”

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Yep, he's the only right shot defensive d-man that we have here or in Rockford. This means he'll either be replaced by an offensive heavy Boqvist, a defensive d-man who shoots left, or whatever the **** type of defender Koekkoek is.

Where's that Ian Mitchell guy when you need him?

Reactions: CallMeShaft

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
I dont think Boqvist should be brought up unless they think he's ready. And something tells me after only 2 ahl games he's probably not ready yet. We're just gonna have to eat this L

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
will be interesting to see who the call up is, my guess is that it will be Holm, remains to be seen if the call up will play over 4K...

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
The part that mat hurt the most is JC might put Gus back with Keith--which was a medical-waste-dumpster fire early. Murph made Keith look damned good and losing that is going to suck royally.

Reactions: Giovi

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
The part that mat hurt the most is JC might put Gus back with Keith--which was a medical-waste-dumpster fire early. Murph made Keith look damned good and losing that is going to suck royally.
Keith looiked good all game, even without Murphy, though. I think I saw DeHaan out with him at one point, even when Seabrook was with him they were OK.

I'd move DeHaan up with Keith, I know it's his wrong side but I'd rather have him getting those mins than Gus at this point.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Keith looiked good all game, even without Murphy, though. I think I saw DeHaan out with him at one point, even when Seabrook was with him they were OK.

I'd move DeHaan up with Keith, I know it's his wrong side but I'd rather have him getting those mins than Gus at this point.

Agree. He played some RD before so I think it wouldnt be a problem for him.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW

Agree. He played some RD before so I think it wouldnt be a problem for him.

I agree with deHaan+Keith...that should work.

I'm just worried about JC trying to pair Keith and Gus again, which was bad--like Kukkonen+Zyuzin bad.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
One negative downside of this means Seabs most likely get's alot more ice time....

And you know what it's going to lead to :(

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I feel like Zawaski is speaking directly to @Blackhawkswincup and other Murphy critics here. Starts at 3:30.

Since the trade:

MurphyHjalmarsson
GP134134
Corsi for51.5849
Fenwick50.9350.23
Total shots for1,1481,016
Total shots against1,1031,016
Shots for %5150
xGA 82.38 78.81
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
"To say there's no comparison, to say that Connor Murphy has not been good enough or that he has been a failure or that the trade has been a bust simply isn't true. It's just not true. Connor Murphy has performed well, he's been your most reliable defenseman, defensively, this season."

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I feel like Zawaski is speaking directly to @Blackhawkswincup and other Murphy critics here. Starts at 3:30.

Since the trade:

MurphyHjalmarsson
GP134134
Corsi for51.5849
Fenwick50.9350.23
Shots for %5150
xGA 82.38 78.81
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
"To say there's no comparison, to say that Connor Murphy has not been good enough or that he has been a failure or that the trade has been a bust simply isn't true. It's just not true. Connor Murphy has performed well, he's been your most reliable defenseman, defensively, this season."

nah, #6 dman all the way - f*** the numbers and f*** the eye test..

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Since the trade:

MurphyHjalmarsson
GP134134
Corsi for51.5849
Fenwick50.9350.23
Shots for %5150
xGA 82.38 78.81
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I'll preface this comment with this, Murphy has been decent, not complaining about him as a whole. The trade has been OK, we have lost it IMO, but it hasn't been a failure.

But this leaves out the HDCA for both players:
Hjalmarsson: 360
Murphy: 424

It also helps Murphy that this team creates A LOT more offense than Arizona does, so Arizona is playing in their own end more often than Murphy is. (not by much, but it helps Murphy slightly more). And Hjalmarsson also starts in the D zone more often (72%) compared to Murphy (65%).

Hjalmarsson is obviously the better Dman of the two, but he is right, it's not as bad as some people (ahem @Blackhawks , and @Blackhawkswincup) say it is.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I'll preface this comment with this, Murphy has been decent, not complaining about him as a whole. The trade has been OK, we have lost it IMO, but it hasn't been a failure.

But this leaves out the HDCA for both players:
Hjalmarsson: 360
Murphy: 424

It also helps Murphy that this team creates A LOT more offense than Arizona does, so Arizona is playing in their own end more often than Murphy is. (not by much, but it helps Murphy slightly more). And Hjalmarsson also starts in the D zone more often (72%) compared to Murphy (65%).

Hjalmarsson is obviously the better Dman of the two, but he is right, it's not as bad as some people (ahem @Blackhawks , and @Blackhawkswincup) say it is.
Arizona also has scored more goals than we have - yes played 1 more game but that team over there is severely underrated and a team I think can still make the playoffs without Hammer. they are young and learning on the fly, goaltending and team defense has been great for them but that is a team that can roll 3 good scoring lines out there and their 5 more goals than us (in 1 more game played) is starting to show that.

Hammer starts a lot in the dzone because he just isn't that great an offensive player, not that Murphy is but there is a bit more skill there than Hammer IMO though Murphy and Hammer are pretty identical players..I am just talking about right now..Hammer was a better player offensively than Murphy a few years back..right now I think Murphy would have that edge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad