Recalled/Assigned: Mueller Assigned to the 'Pack' 11/6

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Dorsett's cap hit is 1.63, his actual salary is $2 million which means nothing to the Rangers. So they saved 153K which is a pretty minuscule amount all things considering.

Rangers saved money, got a draft pick, and Glass' cap hit is $1,450,000 to Dorsett's $1,630,000

Win/Win/Win.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
And Glass has contributed more to this team recently than Mueller has anyway, because Mueller hasn't really contributed anything since the first couple of games, maybe 3.

Neither of them have contributed much, or anything at all.

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
I thought Mueller deserved to be in there over Malone for sure... he played very well IMHO.

Glass has been doing okay too, but I really think Carcillo was a better/cheaper option. I honestly don't know what Carcillo did to warrant him being abandoned so quickly.

SupersonicMonkey*

Wouldn't it be more likely that our 4th line was getting sheltered minutes because our team's 4th line C was Chris Mueller rather than Dominic Moore?

And Glass has contributed more to this team recently than Mueller has anyway, because Mueller hasn't really contributed anything since the first couple of games, maybe 3.

This is wrong. Its just plain wrong.

59% on faceoffs. The improvement of starting plays with the puck has vastly improved the Rangers play.

His shots on goal have increased every game except last night...

What has Glass or Malone done, exactly, to warrant sticking around?

Malone is -4, no points, despite having the 8th highest PP TOI/GP on the team. He has been handed power play time with nothing to show for it.

Glass kills penalties, 7th highest SH TOI/GP. So there's that.

But Mueller has won faceoffs, and played well.

Its a stupid move.

Carrying two useless players in Malone and Glass is stupid.

AHB*

Just in case you weren't aware of the reasons...

I was aware of the reasons, however, that quote you posted was from BEFORE they signed Glass and actually turned out to be factually inaccurate.

So basically, I was fine with the trade when I believed this cap space was necessary to retain our players, however when I saw they flipped it into Glass, I have to say, I was quite confused and unhappy.

I assumed, at the time, that we would just retain Carcillo for league minimum or around it, which I was happy with. Carcillo + around 1 Million in Cap Spae + a 3rd, made perfect sense. Glass for 3 years + a 3rd + 200K in cap space makes none.

Glass is garbage. He has been garbage. Look at the trade forum when we signed him. Penguin fans knew he was garbage. I was so happy when Bylsma started him last year in the playoffs, because he is garbage. He is being exposed and we are only in November. When we get to the playoffs, if he's still on the roster, he will be a massive detriment.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
People are defending glass to be contrarians

dude is straight up garbage

Agreed.

And it's ancient thinking on the part of the team. Playing a guy because he's "tough," despite the fact that he's hot garbage in general. Stuck in the past.

AHB*

Also for people using Glass' penalty killing, he's been a pretty garbage PK player as well. He's just lucky he has Nash as his PK partner who has been absolutely unreal AND extremely physical and covers up all his blown coverages. Then there's Hank who could make a cone look good at times.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
EnwvoOA.jpg

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
People critical of Glass made up their minds before seeing him play a game for the Rangers.

See how that works?

And yet he has done nothing to make us change our minds. He is exactly what we thought he would be to the letter.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
People critical of Glass made up their minds before seeing him play a game for the Rangers.

See how that works?

Glass played almost 400 NHL games before he started with the Rangers. That is a pretty decent sample size to determine a players worth.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
And yet he has done nothing to make us change our minds. He is exactly what we thought he would be to the letter.

The problem isn't him changing your minds. It's you not valuing the types of contributions he makes and is being asked to make.

The problem isn't Glass, it's you.

AHB*

The problem isn't him changing your minds. It's you not valuing the types of contributions he makes and is being asked to make.

The problem isn't Glass, it's you.

Wow. It's funny, many of us have seen Glass play prior to this season, he has never once proven to be a truly effective NHL player and especially not the last few seasons. However, many of us, myself included, was hoping that somehow, he'd fit into this system and his kinks would be worked out and he would be successful. I highly doubted it, but I certainly hoped I would be wrong.

However, that's not the case. He's shown to be what he has been all along. There's no bias here, I want everyone who puts on that sweater to succeed and at their highest level possible. Sometimes, that doesn't happen and when it doesn't, I can call a spade a spade.

I was also completely against Carcillo coming here, but I changed my tune and ate crow on that. Happy I was wrong, because he was helpful in us getting to the finals.

With Glass though, I haven't been wrong. He's been as advertising, garbage. For you to say he's been doing fine...we must seriously be watching different players.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Glass played almost 400 NHL games before he started with the Rangers. That is a pretty decent sample size to determine a players worth.

We all know what his worth is. People just refuse to accept that what his worth is might be valuable to a hockey team.

Glass might end up getting the Pyatt treatment in the end, but unlike Pyatt, if he does it will be because the coach has decided that he'd rather use the roster spot for something else. Some other role. That would be understandable. It just won't be because he's not performing, because he's doing fine.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
We all know what his worth is. People just refuse to accept that what his worth is might be valuable to a hockey team.

Glass might end up getting the Pyatt treatment in the end, but unlike Pyatt, if he does it will be because the coach has decided that he'd rather use the roster spot for something else. That would be understandable. It just won't be because he's not performing, because he's doing fine.

You and I...HF's lonely Glass supporters. :laugh:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Glass might end up getting the Pyatt treatment in the end, but unlike Pyatt, if he does it will be because the coach has decided that he'd rather use the roster spot for something else. That would be understandable. It just won't be because he's not performing, because he's doing fine.

lol Wow.

Setting yourself up nicely there aren't you? :laugh:

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
lol Wow.

Setting yourself up nicely there aren't you? :laugh:

Nah. As someone said earlier in the thread, the roster changes over the course of the year as the coach tinkers and makes new decisions.

That's how things have gone in most years for this team.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I wouldn't call the Glass signing all that horrible. If he plays 60 games a year and fills his role there are far worse options out there.

Am I ecstatic with him on the ice, no. But he does fill a role and he is a much better player than the Colton Orr's, John Scott's, Donald Brashear's of the past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad