Speculation: Much Ado About Kovy: Staying in Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
He doesn't have a signed contract in the KHL yet but that appears to be a formality. I assume now he has to pretend to sign with CSKA so he can get more out of SKA, or something like that.

Yes, we've now reached the phony, "I'm staying in Russia, I just havent decided on which team" part yet, even though he knows he'll resign with SKA.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He doesn't have a signed contract in the KHL yet but that appears to be a formality. I assume now he has to pretend to sign with CSKA so he can get more out of SKA, or something like that.

Yes, we've now reached the phony, "I'm staying in Russia, I just havent decided on which team" part yet, even though he knows he'll resign with SKA.

:laugh:

God I'd hate for THAT ****show to go on a few more weeks and people talk themselves into thinking (again) since he's got no deal he's going to swoop in here at the last minute.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Ughhh, grammar police incoming. Cmon people.

Resign - to leave/quit
Re-sign - coming back

:sarcasm:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You've been friend zoned by Kovy.:laugh:

And the best thing to do when in the friend zone with someone you like as more than friends is to cut ties with them and not settle.

So cut ties with this ****ing merc already.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Imagine if no KHL team wants to sign him for anything less than 2 years?

:laugh:

**** him, what a drama queen.

Kman845

Jul 4, 2017
Doesn't Kovy need approval from ALL teams to return to the NHL??? If so, next year the Devils could just say no..... :laugh:

K

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
Doesn't Kovy need approval from ALL teams to return to the NHL??? If so, next year the Devils could just say no..... :laugh:

K

No, not next year. Devils lose his rights July 1 of next year and no vote is needed any longer. He would be UFA.

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I'm sure it's been explained elsewhere but can anyone educate me -- why would Kovalchuk stop being NJ property and become an UFA w/o needing approval from NHL teams to unretire? Why wouldn't he still be NJ property until the term of his contract would have expired?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I'm sure it's been explained elsewhere but can anyone educate me -- why would Kovalchuk stop being NJ property and become an UFA w/o needing approval from NHL teams to unretire? Why wouldn't he still be NJ property until the term of his contract would have expired?

Thats just what the "rules" are. Once you turn 35, there are no more restrictions from the Voluntary Retirement List

8.5(c). The Central Registry shall automatically remove from the Voluntarily Retired List on the third anniversary of its registration thereon, the name of any player who has attained his thirty-fifth birthday unless before that date there is registered with the Central Registry the consents in writing of such player for the continuance of such registration.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I hope Shero offers Kovy a one year two million dollar deal next year.

I think that would be hilarious.

DirtyJerzey

Oct 19, 2013
i really dont understand some of you guys logic. ya **** him hes a ***** and i cant stand him as much as most of you BUT by Ray not dealing him we lost out on an opportunity to get a decent return. if its true this POS going back to the KHL just to come back in a year pisses me off even more. we lose again! all because of a spoiled , conceded brat.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
i really dont understand some of you guys logic. ya **** him hes a ***** and i cant stand him as much as most of you BUT by Ray not dealing him we lost out on an opportunity to get a decent return. if its true this POS going back to the KHL just to come back in a year pisses me off even more. we lose again! all because of a spoiled , conceded brat.

the whole point of NOT trading is apparently because we COULDN'T get a decent return.

I'm not sure what there is to get upset about.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
Fact of the matter is Kovalchuk OWES THIS TEAM NOTHING

People in this generation act so entitled

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
He owes this team nothing? He signed a 15 year contract and played three years of it, and walked out on us. His demands for a ridiculous salary put us in a position that probably caused Parise to walk. The least he could do is honor his word. He caused us a lot of damage with the contract debacle then the retirement.

Screw him. There's NO WAY I would let him go for a 4th rounder and then sign a multi-year < 35 contract. If nobody wants him (and I can only imagine its because he's been such a jerk) for more, so be it. Let him try to get a good deal as a 35+ contract.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Here's an honest question to the sane few on these boards:
Kovi decided to "try" to return to the NHL for next season,
if the rangers were down in the standings and weren't a playoff team, but N.J. was a strong contending team, do you think he would've accepted a contract from us if Ray thought we needed him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad