Speculation: Much Ado About Kovy: Staying in Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Not angry. Little disappointed but really just curious as to what was offered and what Ray's demands were.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I don't trust these reports. I'll wait for shero thanks

Interested to hear what he's go to say, too.

Either way, would have been nice to recoup assets, but good on Shero for not just accepting ANYTHING the way the peons on the main board would like it. He's under no obligation to hand out a favor for "nothing".

Kman845

Jul 4, 2017
Well, by not getting a deal done, Shero got NOTHING. This will be even better a year from now when he signs across the Hudson.

We could have signed him to a 1 year deal and assigned him to Binghamton till a trade couldve been worked out.

FAIL. :shakehead

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Well, by not getting a deal done, Shero basically got NOTHING. This will be even better a year from now when he signs across the Hudson.

We could have signed him to a 1 year deal and assigned him to Binghamton till a trade couldve been worked out.

What incentive is there for that?

Rebel Devil

Mar 16, 2014
Not surprised .. Kovy is a dirtbag who was just trying to milk as much money as possible.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
Gross confirmed it. He is staying in Russia

Also Kovy's agent confirmed as well. It's disappointing. Seemed like Devils were going to luck out and get some assets for him. It gives Shero less leeway to land a top-4 d-man now. I'd like the Devils to avoid giving up Henrique, but I'm not sure what else the Devils can realistically offer.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
Well, by not getting a deal done, Shero got NOTHING. This will be even better a year from now when he signs across the Hudson.

Why the hell would Kovy agree to that? This was not an easy situation. I'm curious how they even attempted to carry out this process/negotiation.

Nemec

Apr 5, 2009
It is not necessarily over. Has he signed a khl contract yet ? Could be a negotiation tactic

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Will still be a fan and appreciate him as a player, but at the same time, am glad this is the last ****ing summer we have to deal with his drama. Freely sign where you want next year and get bent.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
It is not necessarily over. Has he signed a khl contract yet ? Could be a negotiation tactic

I thought about that too. It would be like Kovy to leak he was signing in Russia to try and pressure a NHL deal getting done. Until Kovy is obligated by contract to play in the NHL or KHL next year I feel like Kovy can change his mind.

I've always felt this was a found money situation for the Devils. I'm disappointed it looks like they'll get nothing for him but I thought they were getting nothing for him last year at this time; so it's disappointing but not devastating.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Hey Ilya:

fWx327.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad