Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Zach Redmond (2 years)

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Montreal fans, beware of seeing guys say stuff like this:
30. Zach Redmond to Montreal
It’s not exactly showering a guy with praise to say he was a positive relative possession player on Colorado, but he was, and that’s better than the alternative. I like this signing.
It is proof that they do not actually watch the games.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Uh... this guy is just cheap depth guy. Doesn't mean anything, except Habs have full octet now.

You're right. Bergevin loves creating internal competition. There will be competition for the 5-6 D and backup goalies. And unless MB gets his hands on another top-6 forward, there will be competition for that 6th spot (Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Pacioretty, Radulov, and Plekanec as our top-5).

I still believe one of our D is moving (most probably Emelin) and some moves involving forwards will occur either during the summer or maybe during camp when Habs see which of the young guys steps up to the plate

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
You're right. Bergevin loves creating internal competition. There will be competition for the 5-6 D and backup goalies. And unless MB gets his hands on another top-6 forward, there will be competition for that 6th spot (Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Pacioretty, Radulov, and Plekanec as our top-5).

I still believe one of our D is moving (most probably Emelin) and some moves involving forwards will occur either during the summer or maybe during camp when Habs see which of the young guys steps up to the plate
I don't know if you read The Game by Ken Dryden, but he talks about internal competition during the 78-79 season in the book. It's a great read.

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
The choice between the two is easy. Redmond over Dietz any time.

Why ? Its an AHL depth move. I'd rather hold on on our youngsters than signing a bad veteran.

Plus we already have Pateryn / Barbario as a 6/7th defenseman pattern

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
I love Zachy Reds, but he's a 5-6 D at best.

Yeah he's a much better player than some Avs fans are trying to suggest. Decent RHD for your bottom pairing for a team with an NHL caliber coach and that plays an actual system.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
Dietz is alright but won't amount to much and we do have rhd depth with juulsen and Lernout

Both of them will play in the AHL this year

Redmond is as bad to avs as wericoch is to send fans.

Clearly a case of our **** doesn't smell as bad as their ****.

Redmond will
Be a solid addition as 5-6-7 Dman

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Yeah he's a much better player than some Avs fans are trying to suggest. Decent RHD for your bottom pairing for a team with an NHL caliber coach and that plays an actual system.

No, he really isn't. He is brutal in his own end and often looks like he is lost in the forest while everyone else is playing in a meadow. Makes a pretty nifty first pass (especially across the ice) but misses that one quite a bit too. Once he is in the Neutral zone and offensive zone he is pretty serviceable, but the challenge is getting him there.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

He really isn't. He's got good size and good skating. Not terrible with the puck. But he's afraid to get hit, which means he rushes passes. He's always attempting long stretch passes that he can't make.

He should by all accounts be a decent players with the tools he has, but he's not.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Dietz is alright but won't amount to much and we do have rhd depth with juulsen and Lernout

Both of them will play in the AHL this year

Redmond is as bad to avs as wericoch is to send fans.

Clearly a case of our **** doesn't smell as bad as their ****.

Redmond will
Be a solid addition as 5-6-7 Dman

If you mean Juulsen, he is not AHL eligible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad