Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Zach Redmond (2 years)

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
ZACK ****ing REDMOND BABY!

who is he ?

I really like him and have for a few years. Has great advanced stats... just not sure how much of a chance he'll get with MT.

Big guy who jumps up on the play, can skate, has a good shot and can move the puck. Righty.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Avs fans, tell us a bit more please.

Great advanced stats, only reason he has a job. Bounced between the NHL and AHL last year (seemed visibly upset in interviews when he was scratched or sent to the AHL), poor defensively, needs sheltering. I don't have many positive things to say. We were excited when we signed him from Winnipeg because he apparently still had potential, but he wore out his welcome very quickly. Hopefully he does better for you guys.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
Great advanced stats, only reason he has a job. Bounced between the NHL and AHL last year (seemed visibly upset in interviews when he was scratched or sent to the AHL), poor defensively, needs sheltering. I don't have many positive things to say. We were excited when we signed him from Winnipeg because he apparently still had potential, but he wore out his welcome very quickly. Hopefully he does better for you guys.
He did cause the best roy gif of last season though (I don't have it available)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
An under the radar signing, but a good one. Signing another D surely means someone will be traded. My money's on Emelin on the way out.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
He was sooooooo bad last season, he was okay before that but lost his brains last year. I'm sure he'll do better in the Habs system than Colorado (Therrien might suck but he's an upgrade on Roy plus they have Kirk Muller). Still, if this guy is in the line-up as more than a #7 dman to fill in then it's a problem.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
He was sooooooo bad last season, he was okay before that but lost his brains last year. I'm sure he'll do better in the Habs system than Colorado (Therrien might suck but he's an upgrade on Roy plus they have Kirk Muller). Still, if this guy is in the line-up as more than a #7 dman to fill in then it's a problem.

Considering how cheap he's signed, he's just there as a 7th-8th d-man.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
It's a 1-way contract. So he'll need to clear waivers to go down.

1 way or 2 way has no effect on whether a player needs to clear waivers or not. It's based on their age, when they signed their contract and how many NHL games and pro seasons they have.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Even if it was 2-way he'd still need waivers.

1 way or 2 way has no effect on whether a player needs to clear waivers or not. It's based on their age, when they signed their contract and how many NHL games and pro seasons they have.

Ah yes. Thanks for clarifying. I'm guessing the difference between 1-way and 2-way is in a 1-way, they make the same money in NHL and AHL, while on a 2-way deal, they make more money if they're in the NHL and less if their sent to the minors, right?

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Ah yes. Thanks for clarifying. I'm guessing the difference between 1-way and 2-way is in a 1-way, they make the same money in NHL and AHL, while on a 2-way deal, they make more money if they're in the NHL and less if their sent to the minors, right?

Right.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Redmond was one of the worst defensemen we iced last year, and that's saying something. I agree that he'll probably do better with Montreal, but he literally made the most brain-dead plays while only playing 10 minutes a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad