Proposal: MTL - VAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Best piece is 8th overall in a WEAK DRAFT?? I'm done with people who just don't know what they're talking about. For about 2 years now everyone has been saying this may be one of the best/deepest draft and you come saying its a weak draft??lol. BTW the main piece is Suzuki. Value is bad for vancouver but you have absolutely no clue what you're saying.

This year's draft is weak. There's a good top 9ish but it drops off after that.

In my (and lots of others) opinions, last year had a much stronger draft.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
This year's draft is weak. There's a good top 9ish but it drops off after that.

In my (and lots of others) opinions, last year had a much stronger draft.
Going to have to disagree with you this years draft is touted to be one of the deepest since 2005.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Going to have to disagree with you this years draft is touted to be one of the deepest since 2005.

Fair enough, everyone has an opinion on the draft. This year was once quite highly regarded but I think it's come down far in hype since.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Apologies to the OP, but this has to be one of the most lopsided trade offers I’ve ever seen on this board.

Not only do the Canadiens get a franchise centre, they also convince the Canucks to throw in Podkolzin.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Nipsey

Aug 8, 2018
Would switching Drouin for Domi make any difference? Maybe take out Podkolzin.

Can see the reluctance to give up Pettersson.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Would switching Drouin for Domi make any difference? Maybe take out Podkolzin.

Can see the reluctance to give up Pettersson.

I just don’t think a quantity offer is ever going to cut it when you’re trading for a player the caliber of Petterson at his young age. Realistically, the Canucks wouldn’t trade Petterson alone for the whole package offered.

I understand it from the Mtl perspective. They have a lot of good young players and prospects, but really no great players. The issue is, no team ever wants to trade the great young players, because they are so hard to acquire.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I don't think he needs to 'calm down'. That's also with Podkolzin, who effectively eliminates the 2020 1st, so:

Caufield, 2021 1st, Romanov, KK and Suzuki for Pettersson. That is a much fairer valuation for a 21 year old #1C. It's pure potential for a proven elite centre.

Not a single player in this league is worth any team's five most valuable assets. No one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad