2021 4th

To Van:

2020 first round pick (8th overall)
Nick Suzuki
Jonathan Drouin
Ryan Poehling
2020 40th overall pick
2020 61st overall pick

Would give MTL a great 1/2 down the middle that can compete for the Stanley Cup. As well as more size and well rounded play in the top 6.

Domi - Pettersson - Caufield
Podkolzin - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher

Would give VAN a top 10 pick that could potentially be a top 2 pick that could get them an elite talent. Suzuki is ready to breakout as a top 6 center. Some 2nds to replenish their prospect pool.

Miller - Horvat - Boeser
Drouin - Suzuki - Toffoli

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
To MTL:

Elias Pettersson
Vasili Podkolzin
2021 4th

To Van:

2020 first round pick (8th overall)
Nick Suzuki
Jonathan Drouin
Ryan Poehling
2020 40th overall pick
2020 61st overall pick

Would give MTL a great 1/2 down the middle that can compete for the Stanley Cup. As well as more size and well rounded play in the top 6.

Domi - Pettersson - Caufield
Podkolzin - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher

Would give VAN a top 10 pick that could potentially be a top 2 pick that could get them an elite talent. Suzuki is ready to breakout as a top 6 center. Some 2nds to replenish their prospect pool.

Miller - Horvat - Boeser
Drouin - Suzuki - Toffoli
Horrible deal for Vancouver. Simplify Pettersson for 8th and Suzuki. I still wouldn’t do it. I’d much rather have Elias unless you somehow get 1st.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Vasili Podkolzin = ~8th overall pick

Pettersson + 4th = Suzuki, Drouin, Poehling, 40th, 61st?

Unless that pick is #1 MTL adds. Pettersson is a bonafide 1C with PPG+ potential.

The value isn't TERRIBLE but it's not good, either. Vancouver has no reason to do it, as well. You don't trade #1 centres unless you're getting a similar player back. Suzuki, Drouin and Poehling aren't that. Lafreniere would be the only player that would interest the Canucks from the Habs for Pettersson unless you're interested in giving up a combination of Kotka, Domi, Gallagher and Caulfield which wouldn't make sense for MTL.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Easy yes from habs. Petersson is a top player in hockey and he's only gonna get better

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Let’s calm down a bit, shall we? With that being said, the trade isn’t good at all for VAN
I don't think he needs to 'calm down'. That's also with Podkolzin, who effectively eliminates the 2020 1st, so:

Caufield, 2021 1st, Romanov, KK and Suzuki for Pettersson. That is a much fairer valuation for a 21 year old #1C. It's pure potential for a proven elite centre.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
The main piece is the 8th overall pick in a weak draft.

Best piece is 8th overall in a WEAK DRAFT?? I'm done with people who just don't know what they're talking about. For about 2 years now everyone has been saying this may be one of the best/deepest draft and you come saying its a weak draft??lol. BTW the main piece is Suzuki. Value is bad for vancouver but you have absolutely no clue what you're saying.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
I don't think he needs to 'calm down'. That's also with Podkolzin, who effectively eliminates the 2020 1st, so:

Caufield, 2021 1st, Romanov, KK and Suzuki for Pettersson. That is a much fairer valuation for a 21 year old #1C. It's pure potential for a proven elite centre.

Ah there's always one that comes and makes a 1000× worst proposal and says its more fair.

Reactions: Gravity

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I'm sure Montreal would love Pettersson since they haven't had a 21 year old center that good since Beliveau.

You can probably see where I'm going with this from a value perspective.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Drouin is basically worthless. Replace him with Domi. But then I'm sure both Habs and Canucks fans will be screaming they wouldn't do it.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Vancouver may overrate some of their players, but Pettersson isnt one of them.

I think it would take a ton to get him. He's already in just his second year one of the most elite possession players in the NHL at even strength.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Good freaking gawdddd nooooooooo. So awful. Petterson is the face of this franchise even with non hockey fans

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
EP isn’t going anywhere. Suzuki won’t be far behind him for too long though. We need to be patient with our young centres.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
No chance EP moves unless you win the lottery and offer Alexis
Alexis will be better than EP, but that doesn’t change the fact that there’s no chance EP gets moved.

Kotkaniemi and Suzuki can be a great 1-2 centre duo for the Habs. They are 19 and 20, while Petterson is 21. They are so young, so offering them up in trades before letting them reach their potential is a big mistake.

Drouin is basically worthless. Replace him with Domi. But then I'm sure both Habs and Canucks fans will be screaming they wouldn't do it.

Extremely false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad