Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Sebastian Aho signs an offer sheet with the Canadiens (5 years, $8.454M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015

Ticket revenue, not attendance.

Besides...
"Since Waddell became the franchise’s president, season ticket sales have largely been sluggish — and reflective of the Hurricanes’ on-ice stagnation. Five years ago, he said, the Hurricanes’ season-ticket holder base amounted to 5,200. This season, it was approximately 7,400"

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It's not a buzz word. Just because it's your first time hearing it, doesn't make it any less of an economic term. Now go back to playing with the other kids.
Buzz word doesn't mean fake. We all know it's a real economic thing, it just doesn't apply to this situation of the Hurricanes being unable to pay Aho's bonuses.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
We just kind of stabbed them in the back. I wouldn’t think their in the mood to help us out right now. I’d wait the full week if a team did that to us. I think it’s why you rarely see offersheets like this. We’re strapped for a week during the biggest signing season and it’s for an offersheet they’ll very likely match.

How are we strapped? We still have tons of money. Maybe not Lee, but that's too big of a contract anyway.

Montreal still has money to sign Gardiner or whoever else they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad