Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NYR] Peter Holland for Adam Cracknell

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
And Chuck is a center playing wing.

Anyway, maybe it's just me but I remember Holland showing some decent skill when he was with Toronto.

Holland is 26 and Cracknell 32.

Habs getting an early start on Cap Space for next year?

No one thinks Galchenyuk is a C....

After his draft year the String played him at LW, during the World Jr, Phil Housley played him at LW...

Stan Bowmen around the selection for the NA world cup team said he reviewed him as LW and if he made the team it would have that..

Elliot Friedman recently said the Ducks interest wasn't as high in Galchenyuk because they didn't see him as Centre.. (check Eric Engels quote of it from today)

In terms of the day, I think Holland asked out to somewhere he can get a chance, a lot of guys have been called up by the Habs and he hasn't been even though he was better than a lot.

He has another year on his deal which is a 1-way contract.. had to take another 1 way contact to make it work, Cracknell expires after this year tho.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
No one thinks Galchenyuk is a C....

After his draft year the String played him at LW, during the World Jr, Phil Housley played him at LW...

Stan Bowmen around the selection for the NA world cup team said he reviewed him as LW and if he made the team it would have that..

Elliot Friedman recently said the Ducks interest wasn't as high in Galchenyuk because they didn't see him as Centre.. (check Eric Engels quote of it from today)

In terms of the day, I think Holland asked out to somewhere he can get a chance, a lot of guys have been called up by the Habs and he hasn't been even though he was better than a lot.

He has another year on his deal which is a 1-way contract.. had to take another 1 way contact to make it work, Cracknell expires after this year tho.

You've missed 2 great seasons of "Chucky centerman edition" my friend.... ok not that great ;)

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Bergevin is a meme at this point when it comes to making trades like this lmao so predictable

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So that should solve Montreal's problems.

Montreal will keep having problems so long as Bargainbin has the job. Dumpster diving is his specialty. He even managed to look the part two years ago, when he grew a hobo beard.

20az8e.gif

Reactions: Ori

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Holland is a lazy player, but more talented and younger than Cracknell.

My guess is Montreal regret the signing and didn't want another year of Holland at NHL salary.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Teams sign players who are iffy NHLer, and hope they might fit as a 4th liner or injury fill in. Holland seemed like he couldn't do either in Montreal. But it's kinda of a gentlemen's agreement if a former "NHLer" is buried in the minors and another team wants his services in the NHL, the trade is made.
If Bergevin had blocked Holland, the Habs would have more difficulty signing these type of UFAs in the future. And Holland via his agent would have known he had been offered an NHL job with the Rangers. Imagine the discontent in the Laval dressing room, if some if the other former NHLers knew the Montreal was blocking Hollands and therefore possibly their future movement to the NHL.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
FWIW Cracknell put up 10 goals and 16 points for Dallas last year in what I'd assume was mostly 4th line minutes. Speculation was that Lindy Ruff (his Dallas coach) and now an asst. for the Rangers had something to do with the Rangers claiming him. In 4 games for us he looked awful to me. Didn't like his skating just for one thing and that's a big deal. It seemed to me whenever he went in deep into the corners or behind the opposition net he was on his ass more than he was on his feet. Smaller guys were knocking him over like he was a bowling pin. It looked to me like he had balance issues. Between him and Tanner Glass--I'd take Tanner Glass every time--at least Glass is steady on his pins. Glass won't score many goals but he won't be on his ass all the time.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Holland is underwhelming but how many 13th forward plugs does Berg need?

Cracknell offers nothing while Holland offers very little

Minor trade but......
Holland is a 26yr old C who might see some 4th line action with Nieves out. Cracknell is 32 and I can't fathom why anyone would trade a significantly younger player for him. Especially Mon. who needs C's. I don't think anyone can argue that if either of these players has any upside, it should be Holland.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Cracknell scored 2 goals in Laval last game. He got the Overtime goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad