Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Nicolas Deslauriers signs extension (2 years, $950K AAV)

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
What leverage did he have to get a 2-year deal? The guy has played a nice 30 games but why do the Habs have to sign a 4th liner for anything more than a year?

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
What leverage did he have to get a 2-year deal? The guy has played a nice 30 games but why do the Habs have to sign a 4th liner for anything more than a year?

You're right, our cap room is a complete mess because of this. That extra year is a huge handicap...

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I guess players like dlo walk a very fine line between useful and useless, he doesn't have the talent to not play at full speed all the time. If he keeps playing hard all the time, he'll be good.

Jannik Hansen

Apr 16, 2016
hahaahah. MTL totally going to be SC contenders soon with players like D'Lo playing regular minutes. Tank years incoming?

I’m familiar with his poor reputation from Buffalo, but every game I’ve watched of Montreal’s this year (about 10 or so) their 4th line has been one of their best lines with D’lo leading the way.

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
Bargin Bin at work again! All he is capable of doing is signing fourth liners, he has no idea what skilled players look like but usually the guys he hates are the players with skills!

Needs to make sure the Francophone players are signed, incoming Danault 6 years 25 million, Hudon 6 years 24 million!

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
You're right, our cap room is a complete mess because of this. That extra year is a huge handicap...

I never said the contract would handicap the team, just that I don't see the point in signing depth players to term. These guys get shuffled around every year, what's the point?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I never said the contract would handicap the team, just that I don't see the point in signing depth players to term. These guys get shuffled around every year, what's the point?

2 years is nothing.
Hes also getting paid less than 1 million so we could just bury him in the minors without any problem if he plays bad

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I think I could live with it

We severely lack some size on all lines

He isn’t just a pure goon he can score 10 + a year

He is still young too but I woulda gave him a 2 way because there is a logjam on the bottom 6 . A guy like Carr needs to play

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
more barely 4th liners - the Bergevin special

bump him to 1C

we won't even get rid of De La Rose , because we are probably focusing the rebuild around him

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Deslauriers was statistically the worst forward in the league 3 seasons in a row as a Sabres player. This season Johan Larsson is the worst forward in the league. It's almost as if Buffalo makes bad players look even worse than they are.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I am in favour of the hometown guys in cases like this. Fourth liners. They give their heart and soul every game because they are small names and they truly care about the Jersey they are wearing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad