Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Nicolas Deslauriers signs extension (2 years, $950K AAV)

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
We had much larger sample size on him. He's trash.

I mean, the Sabres have been a bottom feeding team for how many years now? Nobody can shine on that team, not even Eichel or Ristolainen.

Enjoy him during the tank years, he will contribute to your draft position.

Then why did you guys trade him? You surely need help getting more top 3 picks if you want to have a chance in hell of sniffing an 8th seed :sarcasm:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
We had much larger sample size on him. He's trash. Enjoy him during the tank years, he will contribute to your draft position.

Hopefully our tank goes better than yours. You guys have even tanking since 2007.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
If only we'd kept Deslauriers, surely that would fix all our problems. :sarcasm:
Guy was absolutely atrocious in Buffalo -- didn't even look like he belonged in the NHL. If the Habs are happy with him, cool, but I'm glad he's not here anymore.
Couldn't have done any worst than the bums on your team are doing right now.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Deslauriers is the obvious winner of Jacques Beauchamps' award this year. He's even win a Molson Cup month step. This guy is the new Steve Bégin. Im realy proud of him. Its well-diserved.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
3 pages spent debating about a 4th line player on a less than 1m contract??

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
I like D'Lo work .. he can play as 4th liner every night, fight the guy who's looking for trouble on the other team, gives big hit and produce some points.

I think Nic Deslauriers can produce 15/25 pts next year.. a fourth line with him and Carr would be amazing.

Bfreezy40

Dec 17, 2014
Buffalo
Might have been the way he was used by your coach. You know like the rest of your team this season.
Considering we had a different coach last season and this season. The guy has a physical side we are lacking yes. But the guy can't skate to save his life. Next year you guys will be saying how awful he is just like us. Honestly he should move back to Defense. Might be a little better there then at forward.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Some Sabres fans here showing a lot of class...

Glad for Nicolas Deslauriers, he's been good for us.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
No issues whatsoever with this signing. I see a lot of Sabres fans saying he was horrible for them. He's been a nice addition so far for the Habs.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Deslauriers was statistically the worst forward in the league 3 seasons in a row as a Sabres player. This season Johan Larsson is the worst forward in the league. It's almost as if Buffalo makes bad players look even worse than they are.

Of course it's not a coincidence. 4th line players make it in the NHL based on effort and determination, when you put a 4th liner on a team that plays with little determination or effort it rubs off on them and they become what looks like a career minor leaguer.

The hubris of Sabres fans is freaking embarrassing. Even our fans are becoming trash.

and by the way, the Sabres haven't been tanking since 2007, they last made the playoffs in 2011.

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
Good for Deslauriers

Lol at sabres fan, it's a good things you're there, comparison comforts

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Considering we had a different coach last season and this season. The guy has a physical side we are lacking yes. But the guy can't skate to save his life. Next year you guys will be saying how awful he is just like us. Honestly he should move back to Defense. Might be a little better there then at forward.

If you are talking about deslaurier I'm confused cause he skates very well for a fourth liner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad