Confirmed with Link: [MTL] Karl Alzner (5 years, $4.625M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Ideally it would be 3-4 years but oh well. We still need a #2/3 on LD though, Alzner is neither of those...habs are making a mistake imo

Last edited:
Reactions: Peanut

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Awful. Absolutely awful. Alzner has no offensive ability, no puck skills. Basically a pylon. We do not need this guy and we are wasting Cap space.

You do not spend this money on a guy with no offense. You just don't do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
Alzner is a very clear upgrade over Emelin. If the money/term is accurate, this is a good signing.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Alzner led the Capitals in SH TOI/GP and they finished 7th in PK% so hopefully he can at least help in that department

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I can still hear Mcguire form last week stating that he wont sign in montreal, for taxes....lol

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Awful. Absolutely awful. Alzner has no offensive ability, no puck skills. Basically a pylon. We do not need this guy and we are wasting Cap space.

[MOD]

Alzner isn't an offensive defenseman, and he's also 10 years younger than Markov (who's asking for 12m over 2 years compared to 22.5m over 5 years).

I agree with you though, Alzner isn't what we needed. There are no top pairing defensemen on the market though...I think we'll only get that through the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Those complaining legit dont watch him enough. He wont bring offense but hes really really solid and brings stability to the group. Him and Petry should be a good pair

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
if its really for 4.5 per...i can live with this

markov did this to himself

it was so obvious we were signing Alzner

So be it, lets see what else he does

Welcome to the habs Karl, i remember watching you raise the WJC cup as team canada captain back in 08

badi

Jan 21, 2008
Panic signing
Alzner looked good because of Carlson in DC
Barely better than Emelin

MJN79

Nov 21, 2008
Not to defend Alzner but those that are complaining like, what did you really expect Bergevin to sign as a D this summer? He just added someone that cost us no assets, basically getting the Emelin money. You can't tell me he is worse than Emelin.
I get some are upset but on the free agency market, there was nothing, after Shattenkirk and Markov, Alzner was the next best one.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Moves solely to please Price. Huge protection in front of the net. Will mean NOTHING as far as making this team actually better. Didn't want him before. Don't want him now. Not surprised one bit. Bergie/Dudley at their best. :shakehead

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Those complaining legit dont watch him enough. He wont bring offense but hes really really solid and brings stability to the group. Him and Petry should be a good pair

Idk, the caps board say he's fallen off the wagon and has been pretty **** defensively and his groin injury is only worse news.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
I don't understand why people think we cant sign Markov and Rads..........we still have 16.5million in cap space.......
Markov 5.5
Radulov 6.5
Galch 4.5

Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad