Waived: [MTL] Habs waive Victor Mete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
People thought Weber, Juulsen, Tinordi, etc. would blossom elsewhere. Wrong. And Mete will never be more than a bottom pairing D in the league. He can have good games offensively, but he can't play defense in this league.
I agree with everything except Id switch out offense and defense. He's TERRIBLE offensively, but his skating enables him to position himself well and cover attackers.

His shot is a muffin and he is an average passer.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I agree with everything except Id switch out offense and defense. He's TERRIBLE offensively, but his skating enables him to position himself well and cover attackers.

Mete only claim to fame is his skating. He could be hemmed in by a angry squirrel, never mind 200 pound wingers. How many times did we need to see him get pushed off and another minute of desperation defense in our zone?

I always wondered why he didn't play as a forward....and then chuckle on why I forgot about his shot and offensive vision.

Reactions: habsfan92

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
To me this means the Habs are making another move. With Gallagher on LTIR until the playoffs we didn't need to waive Mete for cap reasons.

Something else has to be coming but you have to wonder what?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Could see him getting picked up by the Jackets depending on his cap sitch. Just to breed a little more competition going into next season.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Still don't understand why we rushed him to the NHL as quickly as we did. Obviously it wasn't gonna work out.

Losing our entire LD made him bypass some steps. He literally made the team because there was no one else.

Well, there were 11 other defensemen used on the Habs that year (not counting Petry or Weber), but the bar was set extremely low. Good on him for beating those guys, and good NHL career, but I think the experiment is over and every other team in the league also has enough data to not expect much from him.

I'm sure someone will pick him for their AHL club though.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
The guy asked for a trade at the beginning of the season lol
But he played so bad this year that even at league minimum, nobody wants that
I don't know what happened to him but holy shit, that's a downfall
I guess he's going in Russia next year

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
"Please sumarize in one picture just how useless advanced stats are please"

Here you go.

Stats have their usage. They are quite useful when used right. They are at the end of the day just numbers though and require interpretation. The interpretations are often worthless when they ignore context.

The issue isn't advanced stats it's folk who cling to a specific set of them while ignoring context.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Much of this thread is habs fans saying he's not good at anything beyond skating, he's weak, too small, can't PK, can't PP. Much of the rest of it is other fans saying they hope he'll get picked up by their team.

This feels like walking up to a wet cement sign and just continuing to walk through it.

Reactions: Stigma

Johnkeats

Apr 12, 2021

Agreed

Reactions: Toene

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
The guy asked for a trade at the beginning of the season lol
But he played so bad this year that even at league minimum, nobody wants that
I don't know what happened to him but holy shit, that's a downfall
I guess he's going in Russia next year
Habs development strikes again

Long list of players that looked their best first season and went downhill afterwards

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
The hyping of Mete based on some advanced stats from previous seasons is a little out of control.
There's nothing advanced about goals against and goals for while you're on the ice.

You are either outscoring the opponent, thus achieving the purpose of a game of hockey, or you are not.

So, either one is able to demonstrate that Metes' minutes with Weber were somehow sheltered (how can that be the case?), or concede that Mete is not waiver material.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad