Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] F Rafael Harvey-Pinard re-signs with the Canadiens (2 years, $1.1M AAV)

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Withe the arrival of Newhook and the re-signing of Monahan, I don't see much room for RHP on the top six anymore. Slaf will be back too. And the team is still loaded with lots of expensive dead wood. Hopefully he's gonna play as a regular on the bottom six as LW or RW.
If we plan to make play in on RW, then he's gonna stau a top 6 forward. We have nothing on that side diserving a top 6 status

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Withe the arrival of Newhook and the re-signing of Monahan, I don't see much room for RHP on the top six anymore. Slaf will be back too. And the team is still loaded with lots of expensive dead wood. Hopefully he's gonna play as a regular on the bottom six as LW or RW.

Lineups are always fluid during the course of the season. RHP himself was a benefactor of that fluidity because there were so many lineup spots open mainly due to injury last year. He took full advantage.

They called him lavallagher down in the AHL. There's always room for these style of players up and down the lineup, so I suspect he will be seeing his fair share of many different roles, sometimes bigger, sometimes smaller, as the season wears along.

ML16

Aug 28, 2020
Montreal
Wouldn’t have been against a contract along the lines of Jake Evans’ terms (1.7M AAV for 3 years), but good one for both parties nonetheless.

RHP has a great work ethic and easily develops chemistry with his linemates; having him on the roster as a bottom-9 winger should prove quite useful, if only to make sure the up and coming ELC players don’t take anything for granted.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
14 goals in 34 games. Still hasn't played a full season. Could be a great deal with Montreal if he doesn't struggle.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I was honestly hoping they could talk him into something in the 2s on a 6 or 7 year deal but I'd imagine his agent would have persuaded against that. I don't think there's any chance he's anything less than a good 3rd liner long term and probably as soon as next year.

TCIH

Nov 26, 2007
Montreal
I'm a big fan of the player. Despite his size RHP plays with plenty of jam and I think even if he's crowded out of the top-6 he can provide value.

Love the contract.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Every time I see this dude's name it reminds me of that random Canadiens fan named Raphael that snuck his way onto the practice rink and got a shot off against Carey Price before being taken away

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
It's been like that since I joined this forum.
Xenophobia is when men wearing crosses ban other men from wearing turbans, not when someone makes a joke about a habit the team has fallen into repeatedly at their own peril to appease their angriest French fans

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Xenophobia is when men wearing crosses ban other men from wearing turbans, not when someone makes a joke about a habit the team has fallen into repeatedly at their own peril to appease their angriest French fans
Habs don't even have many french players to begin with. It's a pathetic troll attempt with xenophobic undertone. Something seen too often around these parts.

Language should not be brought in when analyzing/discussing sport, period.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Great contract, if he keeps playing like he did last season (not necessarily the production, but his 'Gallagher' style of play), it's a win, if he struggles so much he has to be demoted, it's barely enough to be a problem on the cap.

Win-win, but I hope he does well, he's a fun player to watch.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Wondering how this forward group does if the youth takes a step forward and the vets don't get injured again. $12M 4th line. Yup, I know.

I like RHP and Newhook with Dach. Keep Anderson with Caufield/Suzuki for more than 5 games in a row. Create stability for Slaf with Monahan as his center and give him some PP time.

Caufield / Suzuki / Anderson
RHP / Dach / Newhook
Slaf / Monahan / Gallagher
Hoffman / Dvorak / Armia

Evans, Pezzetta

D is still young but they got games under their belt now and performed well last year. Matheson had a very good 2nd half.

Also curious to see how Monty does. I really like how he battles hard and he really has been performing well

Reactions: sergejean

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
How many xenophobes on the main board?

Seems to be the norm in Habs related thread.

Always been like that here, cant say anyhting bad againts some well known groups/minorities but always ok to piled on french speaking quebecers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad