Confirmed with Link: [MTL/DET] Habs acquire Steve Ott from Detroit for 6th in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Since when is this board so full of whiners? The guy plays with an edge, is difficult to play against, has experience, and wins face-offs. He's replacing Brian Flynn or Daniel Carr on the bottom line ffs. Gave nothing for a marginal upgrade. Bergevin shouldn't make ANY moves if it isn't for a #1C?

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
58% on faceoffs this year is probably why. I agree he's done but gave nothing for him

This is one of those incredibly lame ideas that NHL executives still seem to fall for.

A guy who wins the faceoff 5-10% and then is completely underwhelming afterward is not worth putting out there for a key draw. Faceoff skill isn't a cumulative average of your centers, depth guys who can't play at even an above average 4th line level don't help you there.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
People are gonna freak out about this as usual, but it really doesn't mean that much in the grand scheme of things. I'm guessing MB just wanted a gritty veteran with playoff experience on a very cheap contract for depth.

It's just Steve Ott for $800,000, relax.

Just a matter of roster players for me. You aren't paying for a guy to put him in minors so how can we acquire a bigger name now? We'd have to send guys down or back.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Since when is this board so full of whiners? The guy plays with an edge, is difficult to play against, has experience, and wins face-offs. He's replacing Brian Flynn or Daniel Carr on the bottom line ffs. Gave nothing for a marginal upgrade. Bergevin shouldn't make ANY moves if it isn't for a #1C?

This was accurate like 5 years ago.

popo123

Jul 23, 2016
Habs have 24 players on the roster. That means McCarron is sent down. If we want to add another rental top6 tomorrow, we will have tontrade someone. I can see Ghetto+pick going elsewhere for a top6 fix. I don't expect the big trade.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Ott is legitimately one of the worst forwards in the NHL. He's an offensive black hole and a tire fire defensively. This trade is trash. Its the forward version of the Murray trade from a few years back. Yuck.

popo123

Jul 23, 2016
Props to Kevin Weekes who called 2 trades today before they happened. (The Ott trade and the oduya trade)

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Wins faceoffs and doesn't care who he hurts, with potential Atlantic Division playoff matchups he fits perfectly.

Let's do this!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad