Confirmed Trade: [MTL/DAL] Denis Gurianov for Evgenii Dadonov (50% retained)

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Gurianov scores again. What's up @StarsFans? How is it that your management can screw up a 6'3 speedster with a laser shot like that? 25 years old lol, for Dadonov?? Wow. Lol.

Little premature don't you think?

I pride myself on being the biggest troll in the world. But even I have second hand embarrassment and decided to hide myself in a box.
giphy-11.gif

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Habs traded a player who was terrible for them for a player who was terrible for Dal.
The only edge for the Habs is age. The edge for Dal is the upcoming playoffs.
Neither player is worth all the time being wasted in this thread including my own.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Habs traded a player who was terrible for them for a player who was terrible for Dal.
The only edge for the Habs is age. The edge for Dal is the upcoming playoffs.
Neither player is worth all the time being wasted in this thread including my own.
He wasn't terrible in his 20 goals in 64 games season, he wasnt terrible in his 17 points in 27 games playoff run. Maybe bad coaching decisions? We saw that a lot in Montreal with Terrien/Julien/DuCharme they had a great way of suppressing talent. Maybe a change of scenery and a coach who figures out how to optimize him is what he needed.

Reactions: viceroy

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Yeah I don’t get the dunking by some Habs fans: both player fits the need of the other (except for the Habs wanting to suck this season)

Dadonov is scoring at three times the rate Gurianv did for the stars so that looks like good value to me
The 9 year age difference is key. Gurianov is just entering his prime at 25, Dadonov has already exited and is running on his last gas fumes. We would have gave him to Dallas for free we didn't even think he was worth a 7th. Gurianov has the second deadliest shot on the team after Caufield and has wheels on him, he's flying out there, very fast player.

Stars aren't winning the cup this season, Dadonov ain't making any difference. He will be gone soon, back to the KHL probably. If I was a Stars fan I would be pissed at management for mishandling Gurianov and losing him for nothing, cause that's what Dadonov will end up being for Dallas.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Yeah I don’t get the dunking by some Habs fans: both player fits the need of the other (except for the Habs wanting to suck this season)

Dadonov is scoring at three times the rate Gurianv did for the stars so that looks like good value to me
This

The 9 year age difference is key. Gurianov is just entering his prime at 25, Dadonov has already exited and is running on his last gas fumes. We would have gave him to Dallas for free we didn't even think he was worth a 7th. Gurianov has the second deadliest shot on the team after Caufield and has wheels on him, he's flying out there, very fast player.

Stars aren't winning the cup this season, Dadonov ain't making any difference. He will be gone soon, back to the KHL probably. If I was a Stars fan I would be pissed at management for mishandling Gurianov and losing him for nothing, cause that's what Dadonov will end up being for Dallas.
This sounds like crying for the sake of no reason to cry.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
This sounds like crying for the sake of no reason to cry.
Who's crying here? I for one am extremely happy right now. The truth hurts its true. The facts hurt I know. As Habs fans we went through 10 years of a GM and coaches trying to sabotage our players, we understand bad coaching and bad player development. Why would we cry when we were gifted a 25 year old 6'3 turbo speedster with a deadly shot, wrist/slapper/backhand all absolutely deadly. For a slow 34 year old cap dump that was given to us for free, he probably won't even be in the NHL next season.

• Haha
Reactions: Nikki Potnick

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I like guri so far but I really respect the absolute seething hatred and pure vitriol some stars fans have for him , that's passion , and I love passion boys.

We just think Dadonov is ass but we don't really love or hate him he's basically nothing to us which is why Habs fans see it as a win. It's a big nothing burger trade imo

Reactions: MBTendy

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

Did Habs fans not enjoy their recent cup run even if they had no chance of actually winning it?

The West is weak this year. If Dallas makes it to the SCF, they have a better chance of winning the cup than the Habs did.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
I'm happy with the trade.

Right now, I'd lean toward qualifying Gurianov but the organization needs to use every remaining game to evaluate him.

Dadonov is a complete waste of a roster spot and has been passed around NHL teams like a joint at a Snoop Dogg party. That guy has no balls and is playing his last few NHL games.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

See the price for Pulju: 25 year old forwards with high qualifying offers do not command much.

Dadonov likely will stay in the NHL if he wants...dude, just needs to be on a good enough team and not be in Canada it seems (like he literally has scored 20+goals 4/6 years but only for American teams...pacing for 20 with Dallas too ;)]

Reactions: Laus723

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Did Habs fans not enjoy their recent cup run even if they had no chance of actually winning it?

The West is weak this year. If Dallas makes it to the SCF, they have a better chance of winning the cup than the Habs did.
Well lets not jump so far ahead. Let see if they first can make the finals.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Yeah Gurianov is showing great things but in completely meaningless games. Let’s see what he does next year.

I remember Galchenyuk putting him numbers in a similar context back then
We have one of the tougher schedule to end the year. Most teams we are/will be facing are playoffs teams. Games aren't meaningless for them.

See the price for Pulju: 25 year old forwards with high qualifying offers do not command much.

Dadonov likely will stay in the NHL if he wants...dude, just needs to be on a good enough team and not be in Canada it seems (like he literally has scored 20+goals 4/6 years but only for American teams...pacing for 20 with Dallas too ;)]
He came in to camp out of shape, took him half the year to have a decent form

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS

Clearly paying provincial income tax had a negative impact on his game.

Reactions: pth2

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022

If you have a 35 year old Dadonov next year as a starter on a team, that's not a good team. He's a top 6 player that isn't suited for top 6 anymore, and he's useless in a bottom 6 role. There's really no other way to spin this.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
We enjoyed it even though we know we had no business being there. If it wasn't for the plandemic and the Canadian division we probably wouldn't have made the playoffs.

Good luck in the playoffs but Dadonov ain't gonna move the needle one bit. Dallas would have been much better off hoping for another great Gurianov playoff run.

You're welcome by the way for the 2 cups we gifted you with Roy and the cup Lehkonen helped you win. You guys only win cups because of us. You have benefited greatly off of our past stupidity, we made your franchise.
Appreciate making our franchise, you can live vicariously through our cup wins. Probably the closest the Habs will ever get to lifting the cup in your lifetime.

• Love
Reactions: Tetragrammaton

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Appreciate making our franchise, you can live vicariously through our cup wins. Probably the closest the Habs will ever get to lifting the cup in your lifetime.
Why didn't you guys trade for Dadonov for this year's cup run? I think I know why, your GM isn't a complete moron like Dallas'.

• Haha
Reactions: MBTendy

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Happy for Gurianov. He has all the talent in the world and needed a change of scenery. He’ll be ok.

That said- wouldn’t call Nill an idiot, especially given how the team’s positioned now and in the future compared to others. He gave Guri half a decade and four coaches to figure it out here. Dadonov is a worlds better fit for this Stars roster/a contender and it shows with his chem with Johnston and Benn. Gurianov has the worst underlyings on Montreal by a lot and is shooting 7% above his career average, which includes his big season in 2019 and his big playoff run. Small sample size, but they just need him to score and go fast right now. When they ask more than that is when shit may go south. Sign him for a couple years at like 3 or so to keep the Bell popping during the rebuild, but I wouldn’t expect him to change your world.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
If you have a 35 year old Dadonov next year as a starter on a team, that's not a good team. He's a top 6 player that isn't suited for top 6 anymore, and he's useless in a bottom 6 role. There's really no other way to spin this.
Weird post.

Dadonov's a UFA, isn't he? He is a pure capdump-swap rental.

Both players had negative trade value at the deadline. Dallas moved out a negative asset RFA they likely weren't going to qualify for a better fitting UFA rental who is out-performing the RFA they gave up. Age is/was irrelevant.

With actual context, I am not sure how that can be viewed as a terrible move.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Weird post.

Dadonov's a UFA, isn't he? He is a pure capdump-swap rental.

Both players had negative trade value at the deadline. Dallas moved out a negative asset RFA they likely weren't going to qualify for a better fitting UFA rental who is out-performing the RFA they gave up. Age is/was irrelevant.

With actual context, I am not sure how that can be viewed as a terrible move.
Age was the deal maker for the Habs.

One plays on a top 10 team Out-performing the other player by 2 pts while the other plays on a bottom 6 team.
This hab fan is fine with the trade.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Can we just be happy that trade works for both teams for now and stop measuring our d**ks on the countertop ?
No, that's not how most sports fans are wired.

Happy for Gurianov. He has all the talent in the world and needed a change of scenery. He’ll be ok.

That said- wouldn’t call Nill an idiot, especially given how the team’s positioned now and in the future compared to others. He gave Guri half a decade and four coaches to figure it out here. Dadonov is a worlds better fit for this Stars roster/a contender and it shows with his chem with Johnston and Benn. Gurianov has the worst underlyings on Montreal by a lot and is shooting 7% above his career average, which includes his big season in 2019 and his big playoff run. Small sample size, but they just need him to score and go fast right now. When they ask more than that is when shit may go south. Sign him for a couple years at like 3 or so to keep the Bell popping during the rebuild, but I wouldn’t expect him to change your world.
I'll be tickled pink if he can be a 20 goal per season complimentary piece on the Habs when they're hopefully good again in a couple of years.

Reactions: Tetragrammaton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad