Confirmed with Link: [MTL/BUF] Beaulieu to BUF for 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
I never imagined so many posters would cry because Beaulieu is traded.

Only on this board.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
So we have what...1 mobile Dman left?

Habs have traded Beaulieu, McDonaugh, Subban. They better hope Beaulieu doesn't get coached up and become a good player.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
They better hope Beaulieu doesn't get coached up and become a good player.

I personally hope he is. I wish him all the success in Buffalo and hope he can develop and reache his potential as a 35 points dman with an okay defensive game. Gonna be awesome if he can. I wish the best to any player who played for this team.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Sometimes a team is better off after removing a high end player from the roster/dressing room because he's a headache. In this case we're removing a mediocre at best player. Habs are tired of Beaulieu's act and decided they're better off without him. It's not a big loss...he's very replaceable. Salvaging an early 3rd for a headache and low impact player isn't such a bad thing.

Well first this have absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

But since you want to go there, Beaulieu is a sacrificial pawn alright, which make this move out of turn. If you are to trade Brolieu for a 3rd today, a few hours before the roster freeze with your back against the wall, then you should have flipped him at the dead line (or even the previous off-season), for either scoring help or better asset.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I personally hope he is. I wish him all the success in Buffalo and hope he can develop and reache his potential as a 35 points dman with an okay defensive game. Gonna be awesome if he can. I wish the best to any player who played for this team.

Don't remember seeing your wishes for DD who did way more for this team then Beaulieu

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

But since you want to go there, Beaulieu is a sacrificial pawn alright, which make this move out of turn. If you are to trade Brolieu for a 3rd today, a few hours before the roster freeze with your back against the wall, then you should have flipped him at the dead line (or even the previous off-season), for either scoring help or better asset.

there was about 20 teams today that tried to make deals but FAILED....Bergevin was able to pull it off but somehow there's a negative in all this...:laugh:

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007

The Canadiens wouldn't have traded Beaulieu the previous offseason because they still hoped he could meet expectations; that's why he started the season on the #1 defensive pairing. They could have traded him at the deadline, however why do you believe the return would have been anything greater than what they just received? What team would have offered anyone who could be considered "scoring help" for a D-man who failed to impress two different coaches this past season?

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
MB might be a genius:

1- He knows Vegas wanted Beaulieu. He traded him.

2- Vegas then need to pick Plekanec.

3-MB now has a lot of free capspace available and lot of picks im the bank.

4- He offersheet Johanssen or Draisatl to a 8/9M$ deal.

boom.

Ps. I dont believe it myself.

They can just choose Hudon, cheaper, younger and maybe he ill be able to get 30 points too.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
there was about 20 teams today that tried to make deals but FAILED....Bergevin was able to pull it off but somehow there's a negative in all this...:laugh:

Surely there is something negative here, since you just rationalized the whole situation out of context to make it look decent.

Beaulieu was a resident of Therrien's doghouse for his entire time here, he was expected to be moved for the last 3 years. The final chapter is he was traded at the 11th hour for a 3rd. How many of those 20 teams had the same situation on their hands?

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
List of players with the about same number of games played (76) and less points (28)

Marc-Edouard Vlasic 75,28
Morgan Rielly 76,27
Jonas Brodin 68,25
Sami Vatanen 71,24
Jack Johnson 82,23
Mattias Ekholm 82,23
Aaron Ekblad 68,21
Hampus Lindholm 66,20
Adam Larsson 79,19

WHAT A ****ING JOKE :shakehead

Jordie ****ing Benn LOL

bergevin-e1458050022800.jpg

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
List of players with the about same number of games played (76) and less points (28)

Marc-Edouard Vlasic 75,28
Morgan Rielly 76,27
Jonas Brodin 68,25
Sami Vatanen 71,24
Jack Johnson 82,23
Mattias Ekholm 82,23
Aaron Ekblad 68,21
Hampus Lindholm 66,20
Adam Larsson 79,19

WHAT A ****ING JOKE :shakehead

Jordie ****ing Benn LOL

bergevin-e1458050022800.jpg

We need to protect great players like Benn/Emelin, you can't risk loosing them, Beau had to go. :sarcasm:

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
The Canadiens wouldn't have traded Beaulieu the previous offseason because they still hoped he could meet expectations; that's why he started the season on the #1 defensive pairing. They could have traded him at the deadline, however why do you believe the return would have been anything greater than what they just received? What team would have offered anyone who could be considered "scoring help" for a D-man who failed to impress two different coaches this past season?

The starting point being the state of the Habs offense at the dead line, the list of players and teams able to provide something considered "scoring help" is long and wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad