Confirmed with Link: MTL-ARI: Max Domi for Alex Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He got to win a gold medal. He was never going to win a Stanley Cup. Especially if he could not defend an aging Rick Nash.

I am not sad to see the Canadiens becoming more Canadian. The Russian footprint was Gainey's.

Domi can skate. Really fly. He will not turn over the puck on the blue line like Galchenyuk did.

I do agree though. Julien clearly does not like Russians.

I wish he disliked lazy, whiny, American captains of Canada's team as much.

What a stupid thing to say. This happens to every player. Even grinders who's only game plan is to dump and grinder it out in corners will do these turnovers at times.

Some of you oldschool thinking fans really need to quit watching hockey already. Same mold of the Bergevin of this world. These guys cannot leave hockey fast enough.

Last edited:

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
What a stupid thing to say. This happens to every player. Even grinders who's only game plan is to dump and grinder it out in corners will do these turnovers at times.

Some of you oldschool thinking fans really need to quit watching hockey already. Same mold of the Bergevin of this world. These guys cannot leave hockey fast enough.
The myth of safe and simple = better really needs to die.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
If you have one of the highest paid HC's in the hockey world at 5M per, you think they don't have a say in the roster? There's no way MB doesn't talk to Julien about players he wants in and out. He's already started to treat Scherbak like ****, let's see how that works out.
Sherback is the next talented Russian that they are planning to ruin. They will try everything in their power to make him a 3rd line grinder.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Over the last few days I've noticed someone like Gallagher gets no love.

I've seen Galchenyuk touted as a 'legit 30 goal scorer' several times but Gallagher not included in that despite having a higher goals per game and higher career high in goals.

I think neither are legit 30 goal scorers personally, just found it strange that the guy with more goals is treated like he scores less.

Well one was drafted 3rd overall and has more raw talent, the other was picked in 5th round. One is a big offensive player with natural skills, the other is more of a scrappy talented grinder. So, I can see why some people would think Galch is more of a natural scorer than Gallagher.
Not saying I agree, just that I understand the reasoning.

As for neither being legit 30 goal scorers, I think Galchenyuk could have definitely become one had we developed him properly. We completely wasted this prospect. Such a shame.
Him and Eller. Such failures from this management.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
If Scherbak isn't given a top six position nect year then that's a problem.

Any other organization would put their top prospect in a position to succeed.
Will be interesting, Capfriendly shows he needs to clear waivers in the fall? He never really got a chance to play Top 6 with players out and the season lost, with MB/Julien I'm not holding my breath, half expect him to be dealt

Reactions: DAChampion

HabsFather

Twitter: @HabsFather
Jul 12, 2006
Montreal Forum
www.getthepuckout.net
I think Domi will do extremely well, he is a clutch performer. In a market like Montreal it will only push him to reach his potential sooner. Galchenyuk isnt hitting 30 goals this year, hes got his pay check he has nothing motivating him. Going from mtl to a market like arizona hes gonna be 10 games in and realize the noise he isnt hearing is the fans.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I think Domi will do extremely well, he is a clutch performer. In a market like Montreal it will only push him to reach his potential sooner. Galchenyuk isnt hitting 30 goals this year, hes got his pay check he has nothing motivating him. Going from mtl to a market like arizona hes gonna be 10 games in and realize the noise he isnt hearing is the fans.

OK Marc.

The fans will get Domi going. .... "uh thank you, thank you very much"

Last edited:

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009

I watch lots of hockey, and Galchenyuk turns the puck over nonchalantly on th pp compared to other skilled guys around the league that occupy that space.

Calling people dinosaurs doesn’t make it not true.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
If Scherbak isn't given a top six position nect year then that's a problem.

Any other organization would put their top prospect in a position to succeed.
As of right now Montreal doesn’t have many options on rw except Gallagher and Shaw

So I agree have Scherbak on the second line with PP time

Reactions: DAChampion

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I watch lots of hockey, and Galchenyuk turns the puck over nonchalantly on th pp compared to other skilled guys around the league that occupy that space.

Calling people dinosaurs doesn’t make it not true.

Ya...right...You have watched every game of every other skilled guy in the NHL to know just how many times each of them were, according to your eyes, "nonchalant" when giving up the puck on the PP.

That Patrick Kane guy...when he gives it up on the PP, I have seen him hustle back like his life depends on it every single time.

Every player does it. It happens. It will happen to players on teams that absolutely suck even more often.
That same player on a contender will look to be more combative.
Yes, it absolutely makes you a dinosaur if you think what you wrote to be true.
Heck, on our team alone, I have seen the likes of DD, MaxPac, Plek, Gallagher give up the puck easily at times on the PP and not hustle back, and guess what, whoever carries the puck more often will likely have this happen to him more often. Woooahh! Mind---Blown!
Again, not understanding these simple concepts and truths is precisely why some get labeled dinosaurs.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
As of right now Montreal doesn’t have many options on rw except Gallagher and Shaw

So I agree have Scherbak on the second line with PP time

There's a perverse ideology in Montreal whereby young talents need to "earn" a roster spot. Prior to that, they're put in a position to fail.

Young talent should be well surrounded and put in a position to succeed.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Well one was drafted 3rd overall and has more raw talent, the other was picked in 5th round. One is a big offensive player with natural skills, the other is more of a scrappy talented grinder. So, I can see why some people would think Galch is more of a natural scorer than Gallagher.
Not saying I agree, just that I understand the reasoning.

As for neither being legit 30 goal scorers, I think Galchenyuk could have definitely become one had we developed him properly. We completely wasted this prospect. Such a shame.
Him and Eller. Such failures from this management.

Not just Galchenyuk and Eller.

Six years of the Bergevin administration, and they have zero satisfactory development stories. We can't point to a single player and say "damn, they handled him well and it paid off great !!!"

Lehkonen was developing well (in Europe), but he declined sharply in his second year.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Not just Galchenyuk and Eller.

Six years of the Bergevin administration, and they have zero satisfactory development stories. We can't point to a single player and say "damn, they handled him well and it paid off great !!!"

Lehkonen was developing well (in Europe), but he declined sharply in his second year.
No doubt about it, but for those two, they were high picks and there definitely was talent to work with.
Other guys like De La Rose, people can use the late pick no talent excuse.
Not those two though.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
curious to know how many here think Domi will start the season on the 4th line and end said season with the offensive catalyst that is Jacob delaRose ?

Let’s pretend for now Patches sticks around. With all other things being the same, Domi will be the second line LW.

Pacioretty - Drouin - Gallagher
Domi - Danault - Byron
Lehkonen - DLR/Shaw - Sherbak/Hudon
DLo - Froese/DLR - Sherback/Hudon/A. Shaw/L. Shaw

I would be stunned if Domi isn’t a top-6 forward to start the season. Partly because of his skills but moutlay because we have nobody to put there. No chance Sherbak starts any higher than the 3rd line on our team simply because he isn’t Patrice Bergeron.

Reactions: Pickles

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Let’s pretend for now Patches sticks around. With all other things being the same, Domi will be the second line LW.

Domi - Danault - Byron

I would be stunned if Domi isn’t a top-6 forward to start the season. Partly because of his skills but moutlay because we have nobody to put there. No chance Sherbak starts any higher than the 3rd line on our team simply because he isn’t Patrice Bergeron.

Domi isn't a hateable player at all. However, he may suffer the same fate as Shaw and Weber, where the fans resent him due to him being inferior to the player that he was traded for.

That top-six is so ridiculous. It's not your fault though as that is the team that Bergevin assembled.

Last edited:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Domi - Danault - Byron

What an awful lineup.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Ya...right...You have watched every game of every other skilled guy in the NHL to know just how many times each of them were, according to your eyes, "nonchalant" when giving up the puck on the PP.

That Patrick Kane guy...when he gives it up on the PP, I have seen him hustle back like his life depends on it every single time.

Every player does it. It happens. It will happen to players on teams that absolutely suck even more often.
That same player on a contender will look to be more combative.
Yes, it absolutely makes you a dinosaur if you think what you wrote to be true.
Heck, on our team alone, I have seen the likes of DD, MaxPac, Plek, Gallagher give up the puck easily at times on the PP and not hustle back, and guess what, whoever carries the puck more often will likely have this happen to him more often. Woooahh! Mind---Blown!
Again, not understanding these simple concepts and truths is precisely why some get labeled dinosaurs.
No I haven’t watched every game. But I watched plenty of Galchenyuk and his nonchalant saucer passes getting intercepted on the pp.

Kane surely isn’t perfect but he is elite. He gets it done far more often than not. Whereas Galchenyuk has a nice highlight reel his turnover reel would twice as long in length.

Also Galchenyuk needed to be sheltered on the wing because he got dominated by elite competition. He is what he is, a trigger man that may score you 30. He may also go -32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad