News Article: MSG+ launching this summer to stream games for Knicks, Rangers, Islanders, more

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I do not think anyone down here in Raleigh area carries MSG....so then it would not be available here.
Fee is high as well....would have to cut that in half.
Personally i just watch Islanders...might watch some Knicks if i had it but i can already do that through other means.

You can watch every game out of market through ESPN+, except when they play the Hurricanes

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
You can watch every game out of market through ESPN+, except when they play the Hurricanes
Yes, but no pre and post games....used to get them with the NHL channel....i like and miss these. Interestingly enough, i turned on a Seattle game a few nights ago on ESPN+ and they were doing pre-game.....found that interesting...is it an ESPN+ thing or an MSG thing as to why there are no pre and post game MSG feeds?...or was the Seattle thing an anomaly....have not looked further into it.

TNT/ NHL and such, as well as Canes games i get in other ways.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
That's pretty much who its for, as someone who dropped traditional cable my only option is FuboTV, pretty much all I watch is MSG so this would be a better option for me personally.
Fubo tv just added a 13.99 fee for local sports meaning MSG YES SNY. I dropped them. Yes I love the islanders but enough is enough of ripping off the working class people. After the all lockdowns with no sports there are other ways to use your time then to watch sports.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Yes, but no pre and post games....used to get them with the NHL channel....i like and miss these. Interestingly enough, i turned on a Seattle game a few nights ago on ESPN+ and they were doing pre-game.....found that interesting...is it an ESPN+ thing or an MSG thing as to why there are no pre and post game MSG feeds?...or was the Seattle thing an anomaly....have not looked further into it.

TNT/ NHL and such, as well as Canes games i get in other ways.
I wonder if it’s because MSG puts the pregame as a 30 minute show onto itself in the listing guide. Then the game itself starts immediately after and is listed as a game.

I’m not sure what other sports channels do. Maybe the Seattle game is listed as starting a half hour before the puck drop, then they do a pregame followed by the game. But in the listings and on ESPN+ algorithm it just shows up as game time?

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island
Fubo tv just added a 13.99 fee for local sports meaning MSG YES SNY. I dropped them. Yes I love the islanders but enough is enough of ripping off the working class people. After the all lockdowns with no sports there are other ways to use your time then to watch sports.
I bet it’s cause msg raised their rates for fubo to stream their channels. They’re the worst.

But this msg app is promising for me. Sounds like no more having to put the game in an iPad and mirroring the screen to an appletv.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
I bet it’s cause msg raised their rates for fubo to stream their channels. They’re the worst.

But this msg app is promising for me. Sounds like no more having to put the game in an iPad and mirroring the screen to an appletv.
Maybe but their streaming service is expensive as well. I had Fubo for a couple of years and they were pretty good but after they raised my rates another 13.99 I was done. First they priced me out of going to games now they’re pricing me out of watching games. I used to have partial season tickets to the islanders and Mets in the late 90s and early2000s. I used to get 20 games for the islanders and a Saturday package for the Mets. Now forget it there is no way I can afford either. It’s become all about money the clubs and most of the players could care less about the fans.

monmouthisles

Jan 13, 2023
After much internet searching...it appears per Forbes magazine that the Islanders media rights with MSG end in 2031. it was a decades long contract that averages $27m a year. The Devils Deal ends in 2025. about $24m a year

Reactions: PK Cronin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad