Online Series: Ms.Marvel on Disney+

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
A lot of background development in this one with an exciting ending.

I love that the "superhero landing" is a thing :laugh:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
You so could see she did it on purpose that little smile on her face lol

Sad thing is the reviews on IMBD...you can see a certain element are purposefully bringing it down.
It was known long before release that it would get review bombed. It's the same thing at RT. :(

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Enjoyable episode. I'd like the plot to get moving soon, which given the ending it looks like it's going to, but there's a really strong personal foundation behind this show that I really enjoy. And in spite of my statement, I do like that the show uses its long form nature to actually give it time to give a window into a new hero's life. It makes Kamala feel more grounded and relatable. Which feels like two buzzwords in this medium but they're pulling it off naturally here.

Review bombers can get bent. This is a good show.

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'm not in the target audience range they seem to be aiming for, but I have enjoyed the first couple of episodes. The young actress who plays Kamala is fantastic and her enthusiasm for this role is what helps drive the show. She just seems very genuine. As a comic book shop owner, I've noticed her singular issues don't sell very well but her trades/graphic novels move off my shelves faster than anything I have that isn't DC's Sandman, Saga or Manga. Maybe the show will be the same. Regardless, I think Marvel has a good thing on their hands with the show so far and I hope it continues.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I am not surprised even if it is pretty good. Unknown star, targeting at younger viewers and then you have that group who refuses to watch anything without a white male star it seems.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I am not surprised even if it is pretty good. Unknown star, targeting at younger viewers and then you have that group who refuses to watch anything without a white male star it seems.
Pretty much. But this is the stat that matters:

They do point out that the episode was a hit with "Gen Z," with viewers aged 20-24 watching "at the highest rate of any MCU show, and it drew a more diverse audience with Black, Hispanic and Asian households watching at a higher rate."
Plus this is guaranteed to get a huge audience in India/Pakistan. YT is already recommending several Indian/pakistani YT reactions of the episodes which haven't showed up before.

Sep 19, 2008
The reviews have been glowing. The ratings are poor because people are mad a non-white female is the lead so they’re bombing it with one stars all over the place.

It’s an adorable show, though.
the ratings are poor because it's a teen show

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
the ratings are poor because it's a teen show

This has already been touched upon.

Pretty much. But this is the stat that matters:

Plus this is guaranteed to get a huge audience in India/Pakistan. YT is already recommending several Indian/pakistani YT reactions of the episodes which haven't showed up before.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
maybe it's the teen nature of the series but reviews and ratings are very poor so far

That's just factually not true at all...

95% on Rotten Tomatoes, with an Audience score at 83% in spite of all the attempted review bombs. Its a great show, why are you posting when you haven't watched it, clearly.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That's just factually not true at all...

95% on Rotten Tomatoes, with an Audience score at 83% in spite of all the attempted review bombs. Its a great show, why are you posting when you haven't watched it, clearly.
Look at his post count.

Last edited:

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Our family caught up to episode 3 last night. We're all loving this show. I thought the wedding scene in particular was well done. It was one of the better representations of the type of weddings I've gone to. The dance numbers are still organized but still a little clumsy being just an amateur thing.

The lead actress has been incredible. She's been able to shift gears as needed. She has great chemistry with everyone.

There hasn't been much on TV recently to really motivate me to watch. This is the first thing in months that I'm now eagerly awaiting the next episode.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
I'm loving a lot of this show but the villains so far are awful. The government agents who are aping the C.R.A.D.L.E./Kamala's law story from the comics (which was a terrible story when it was being run, easily the low-point in the Ms. Marvel series since her inception in my opinion) are incredibly bland and without and motivation at this point.

And the new group that turned on Kamala may as well be clowns. Though thinking about it I think they were well cast and did a lot of their own stunts. I'll have to re-watch the action scenes but I think I was more impressed with their fight scenes than I was unimpressed about their characters/writing.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Interesting to see them bring in the Djinn who do exist in the comics but are not exactly a well known species to the average marvel fan.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
3rd episode was my favorite so far. Really love this show, might end up being my favorite marvel show if it keeps it up

Reactions: Jussi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad