Online Series: Ms.Marvel on Disney+

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
I, for one, thought it was an overall very boring show. I usually manage to put aside the repelling kiddy aspects of these shows/films and still enjoy them, but this one was just too family-friendly and cute. And I really don't get the hype about that final episode, maybe I dozed off (?) and missed something. Still, I appreciate the inclusive effort by Marvel.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I, for one, thought it was an overall very boring show. I usually manage to put aside the repelling kiddy aspects of these shows/films and still enjoy them, but this one was just too family-friendly and cute. And I really don't get the hype about that final episode, maybe I dozed off (?) and missed something. Still, I appreciate the inclusive effort by Marvel.
Point noted. What could they have done different? More of a horndog Kamala as some deranged people see in the comics? Fanfics and memes are almost only on her checking out guy's bodies xD

I do think the partition adds enough for the show to be interesting.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Point noted. What could they have done different? More of a horndog Kamala as some deranged people see in the comics? Fanfics and memes are almost only on her checking out guy's bodies xD

I do think the partition adds enough for the show to be interesting.

I know nothing about the character or her previous appearances, and had no expectations. The partition stuff, and all other cultural references were great to add to the show's overall value, but it didn't do much in terms of entertainment (for me).

But I don't expect things to be fitted to my preferences (I'm no Star Wars fanboy), so it is what it is. I just thought it didn't manage to escape the obvious fact that all of these shows/films are for kids (not enough for me to still enjoy it). I'm pretty sure I'll still watch the Marvels.

Reactions: mattihp

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I know nothing about the character or her previous appearances, and had no expectations. The partition stuff, and all other cultural references were great to add to the show's overall value, but it didn't do much in terms of entertainment (for me).

But I don't expect things to be fitted to my preferences (I'm no Star Wars fanboy), so it is what it is. I just thought it didn't manage to escape the obvious fact that all of these shows/films are for kids (not enough for me to still enjoy it). I'm pretty sure I'll still watch the Marvels.
Yeah, as a 36-years-old male, I was clearly not the target audience for this show. I still mostly enjoyed it.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah it was alright. Honestly it lost some steam for me as the show went on and the finale didn't really do much for me(Outside of the big reveal).

The 1st episode was so good and had me quite excited for where it would go but it didn't match that level ever again.

That said, it'll be very interesting to see where things go from here.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Last episode was the best imo.

As a Muslim myself, I thought they did a great of representing Islam. So overall I'm very content with the series.

Still wasn't my fav though. Still have Loki as my #1
This show gave the best and most positive view of Islam and/or Muslims in "western" tv. Some relatives in Helsinki have Muslim friends and they've absolutely loved the show. I can't escape the feeling that this show displayed how much potential Hollywood has missed in displaying realistic Muslim life in America.

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad