McKenzie: Moved: McKenzie: Oilers in on Barrie? (Moves by Colorado-- Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I think Avs, especially Roy, would ask for Draisaitl. Avs seem to want size in the middle and with Duchene/MacKinnon and Jost in the future, they are a bit small. Söderberg is a bigger guy but more of a great 3C than anything and I have a feeling he might be lost in the expansion draft.

Draisaitl has the size and potential to play down the middle. Avs can protect him with the players they have.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Until one of them was taken by Vegas. Whichever won't be protected.

Just protect 4 and 4:

F- Eberle, Draisaitl, RNH, Lucic(*)
D- Sekera, Barrie, Klefbom, Larsson

McDavid, Puljujarvi and Nurse are exempt, and that's basically the core right there. Vegas can pick from the likes of Davidson, Pouliot, Maroon, Yakupov and Letestu.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I think Avs, especially Roy, would ask for Draisaitl. Avs seem to want size in the middle and with Duchene/MacKinnon and Jost in the future, they are a bit small. Söderberg is a bigger guy but more of a great 3C than anything and I have a feeling he might be lost in the expansion draft.

Draisaitl has the size and potential to play down the middle. Avs can protect him with the players they have.

Yep, I'd wager that's where it starts. Can't see the Avs having much interest in RNH with Duchene already there, and Eberle just doesn't have that type of value.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I don't think RNH as a main piece would serve Colorado well.

They have plenty of solid forwards, two of which are centers who are top line players already, so adding another potentially top line center isn't likely a high priority, unless MacKinnon or Duchene are already written off in another trade. Even then Grigorenko and Landeskog are both natural centers, or were, if memory serves.

If they resign Barrie, I think they are one, maybe two, top four defenders from being imposing on the blueline, where right now I feel that is their biggest weakness. It will be probably addressed in free agency, but I don't see anyone available that could fill the void Barrie would leave, if he were traded for a player in another role.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Eberle and a 1st should get it done.
Oilers need to be aware of how many players they need to protect.

Does little for the Avs, though. A winger would be nice, but they would certainly need a replacement to eat those minutes. I think they'd rather do something like Eberle+Nurse or RNH+Nurse or Drai+Nurse. Either way, they need a d-man coming in one way or another if Barrie is out.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
Just protect 4 and 4:

F- Eberle, Draisaitl, RNH, Lucic(*)
D- Sekera, Barrie, Klefbom, Larsson

McDavid, Puljujarvi and Nurse are exempt, and that's basically the core right there. Vegas can pick from the likes of Davidson, Pouliot, Maroon, Yakupov and Letestu.

So I'm assuming you're getting Barrie for free in this scenario :laugh:

Nice try

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Sekera - Barrie
Klefbom - Larsson

As a top 4 is definitely a defence that can get you into the playoffs. I'd be ecstatic with this defence as long as McDavid and Draisaitl are still on the team.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Barrie would be huge for Oilers. RNH + 1st should do it, maybe Reinhart too?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Barrie is one of the best young puck moving dmen out there... the price is gonna be huge from Oilers side. Im actually very nervous to see what Chiarelli will give up for him if it happens

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Nuge and '17 1st for Barrie.

A d man has to be in there no?

Just looking at their d and expansion draft, Sekera has to be protected do to NMC leaving Klefbom, Nurse, larsson and reinhart needing protection in expansion. if they aquire Barrie how in the hell would their expansion protection work?

I don't see the regime that just paid a mount for Larsson and Renihart to leave either unprotected or trade either (obviously). So that leaves Nurse and Klefbom. Klefbom seems like he is further in his development which Edmonton should value more right now. So I think that would make Nurse the odd man out.

Eberle + Nurse? I don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad