Music: Motley Crue Is Banned From The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame For 'Bad Behaviour' Despite Many Inductees Being Guilty Of Actual Crimes

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Not surprising in this day and age. Surprised the mob hasn't went after the other bands already in to get them removed.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Didn't they just induct NWA a few years ago because they wrote (admittedly powerful, genre defining, and infinitely repayable) songs glorifying all of the crimes they committed?

Hell Johnny Cash started a forest fire and killed a bunch of endangered condors. Although he at least turned his act around and became one of the greatest recording artists ever to tackle the theme of redemption.

Then again the Crüe's late 90s comeback was a crime against humanity if its own, so maybe the Hall has a point

• Haha
Reactions: Sentinel

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Crue has been saying this for years. How many glam or hard Rock bands are in the hall.

Bands like ACDC and Priest only got in due fan and media pressure.

I do not mind Crue, but when a band like Iron Maiden, who have been eligible for 25 years can not get in, you can see why Crue is having trouble.

Crue has mastered the art of self promotion and trying to play the victim.

The fact GNR got in sort of hurt this theory.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
MC is rewriting their history a lot lately making themselves out to be greater than they are or every were. Guns and Roses are in and they did ten times the amount of stuff that MC did. They had a good run but not as good as a run as they are trying to convince themselves that they had. 3 members of MC are complete assholes that as is keeping them out. Kiss got in and Gene and Paul are complete jerks-but Kiss can lay claim to influencing a lot of hard rock bands that came after them. MC came out after Quiet Riot and at the same time as about 100 glam rock bands in the 80's.

Here is my list of Heavy Metal, hard rock or Glam Bands that should be in before MC

Iron Maiden
Ronnie James Dio
Moter Head
Slayer
Megadeath
Pantera
Scorpians
Slade(influence)
Sweet(influence)
Anthrax
Bad Company/Free

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Crue has been saying this for years. How many glam or hard Rock bands are in the hall.

I do not mind Crue, but when a band like Iron Maiden, who have been eligible for 25 years can not get in, you can see why Crue is having trouble.

ACDC and Priest have been integral in shaping the world of heavy metal music, inspiring thousands of bands, and belong in the Hall. Crue do not. Iron Maiden are in a very, very different league to them.

Saw WASP earlier this week and they are still, and have always been, far far superior to Motley Crue.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I think not being a a great band has more to do with it. The headline of that article repeating Nikki Sixx's claim as if it's a fact is ridiculous, the only source is the band themselves.

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
ACDC and Priest have been integral in shaping the world of heavy metal music, inspiring thousands of bands, and belong in the Hall. Crue do not. Iron Maiden are in a very, very different league to them.

Saw WASP earlier this week and they are still, and have always been, far far superior to Motley Crue.
I agree-Priest and ACDC influenced so many. Same with a band like Maiden. Crue? No so much

Gurn

Jan 23, 2023

After playing at his induction ceremony for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Friday night, legendary rocker Steve Miller used his acceptance speech to jab at the institution for not being more inclusive of women.
He went further with his criticisms in an interview backstage with the Associated Press.
"They make it so difficult for the artists," said the 72-year-old. "I think it's time for the people running this to turn it over to new people."
The organization has been criticized over the years for several reasons, including the fact that those who choose the inductees -- including founder Jann Wenner, who is also the editor-in-chief of Rolling Stone -- are not musicians themselves.
The nominating committee was once also criticized by a former member as "too old, too male, too white, too rich," Billboard reported. And there's the issue of the lack of transparency around the nomination process, with some artists making it in while others do not.
"I don't know why I was nominated for this because ... I don't get along with the people who run it," Miller said Friday.
The New York Times reports that Miller also took issue with how the event was managed.
"When they told me I was inducted they said, 'You have two tickets -- one for your wife and one for yourself. Want another one? It’s $10,000. Sorry, that’s the way it goes,'" he said. "What about my band? What about their wives?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you look at who isn't in- the list is almost as good as those that are in:
100 artists- not in the hall

of note
Glen Campbell
Ozzy- as a solo act
Eurythmics
Pat Benatar- actually finally in last year- so this list is a bit old, but still.
Alice In Chains
Jethro Tull
Dick Dale

Reactions: Hivemind

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
there are far better bands than MC who still aren't in the hall. to me, MC has always been more about image rather than music

i don't think there are even any hair metal bands in the HOF. def leppard i guess if you consider them to be one? i don't

TheGreenTBer

Angry HFBoards Drama Queen since 2005
Apr 30, 2021
Few bands in history have more filler content than the Crue.

I really like some of their stuff but SOOOOO much of other stuff is completely forgettable.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I was and am a fan of the Crew but I can't get to excited about them not being inducted to the rock and roll HOF

They have some excellent songs and good albums but only Dr Feel-good had any major main stream appeal imo

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

It’s all a political game. Look how long it took for Pat Benatar to get in. How is Paul Rodgers not in? KISS is another one that only got in due to fan pressure.

Reactions: Gurn

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Motley Crue sucks ass.

That's tough. I know that by the 90s they were kind of looked down upon, but similar to Def Leopard, they put out some objectionably great music.

I even like the 90s self-titles with John Corabi. It was very popular back then, and the industry has put a lot of energy and resources into retconning it out of existence for some reason.

• Haha

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
MC is rewriting their history a lot lately making themselves out to be greater than they are or every were. Guns and Roses are in and they did ten times the amount of stuff that MC did. They had a good run but not as good as a run as they are trying to convince themselves that they had. 3 members of MC are complete assholes that as is keeping them out. Kiss got in and Gene and Paul are complete jerks-but Kiss can lay claim to influencing a lot of hard rock bands that came after them. MC came out after Quiet Riot and at the same time as about 100 glam rock bands in the 80's.

Here is my list of Heavy Metal, hard rock or Glam Bands that should be in before MC

Iron Maiden
Ronnie James Dio
Moter Head
Slayer
Megadeath
Pantera
Scorpians
Slade(influence)
Sweet(influence)
Anthrax
Bad Company/Free

Motörhead doesn’t need to be inducted…. Since their front man was God

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY

Iron Maiden
Ronnie James Dio
Moter Head
Slayer
Megadeath
Pantera
Scorpians
Slade(influence)
Sweet(influence)
Anthrax
Bad Company/Free
I agree with you. MC is a good hard rock band, Very raunchy, and had a unique look. Musically they didn't break new ground. They were clustered together with a lot of bands that looked and sounded the same. It was MC's antics and their good looks, and Mick's sully, how old is this guy antics that got them enough attention to pull ahead of the pack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad