• Kane

• Crosby

• Malkin

• Other. (Maroon, Martinez, Letang)

Results are only viewable after voting.

WingsFan95

Mar 22, 2008
Kanata
With Marc Andre Fleury "likely" playing his last season on a Wild team, we can focus more on guys expected to play for at least 2-3 more seasons on arguably better teams.

Kane, Crosby and Malkin are the big 3 for obvious reasons but find themselves currently on borderline playoff teams let alone contenders.

Alec Martinez and Pat Maroon have largely lucked into their 3 rings but it is what it is and like the Draper, Maltby and Holmstroms of the world they too have a legitimate shot at a 4th however I think to separate their status they both go under the dreaded OTHER.

And while I do realize Malkin and Crosby both play on the same team you can for sake of argument imagine one is more likely in the theoretical sense.

Also there's the unique case of Kris Letang who funny enough isn't credited with a 3rd title on pages like Hockey Reference however does indeed have 3 rings and his name on the Cup 3 times. So yeah, I just put him in the Other and again I know he too is also on the Pens.

Look, frankly speaking the Penguins are not contenders and it would be shocking if they won this year and of course if they don't win let alone miss the playoffs, then there is always the real possibility of break up.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Kane is the youngest and he’s a UFA at the end of the year and now isn’t tied to the idea of being on one team. He seems the most likely if he wants to pick his suitor next year.

Crosby could jump ahead if he decides he wants to be traded, but at this point I don’t think the chances are high enough to put his likelihood above Kane’s. I don’t think Malkin or Letang get moved before their deals are up and probably won’t go anywhere after that.

Martinez of course has the best shot this year, but he’s slowed down a lot, and at 36 I’m not sure he’ll have as many options after this, especially if Vegas re-signs Hanifin.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He didn't play a game though so I think he doesn't get his name on the Cup

He did get his name on the cup. He automatically qualified by dressing in the finals (goalies dont have to play in the actual game like skaters do, just be on the bench to qualify)

Teams are allowed something like 40 names, usually the choices are obvious but teams can ask for exemptions (Like the Bruins did with Savard in 2011). Vegas actually included all of their active roster goalies - Hill, Quick, Thompson, Brossoit.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
He didn't play a game though so I think he doesn't get his name on the Cup
bro
1712599231575.png

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I know its hard to win the cup, but honestly I think would have assumed there was more active players with 3 cup rings. I guess it makes sense why there's not.

I don't think Vegas are the favourite to win the cup this year but think his chance with Vegas this season will likely be better than any chance the Penguins will get for the duration of those players' careers and the likelihood that Kane ends up on a Cup winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad