Saginaw Spirit 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 2)

Bobby Holik agent

erudite free agency sci-fi
Oct 17, 2002
They should pair up Parekh and Dionicio together on the powerplay. Dionicio on 2nd pair is a bit much because he's burning the league.

Who care who play on their off-side they move around A LOT. Its also cause trouble that Parekh want to speedrun change after 1min because Dionicio should be there asap.

7D442

Apr 27, 2015
ERIE PA
He should be getting something - let’s start with a penalty. Can fully expect crap like that from them after every whistle, and escalating when they’re behind.

Isn’t it something that it’s known as “Hunter Hockey” and completely predictable by every other fan base in the league?
It just gets so freakin annoying …

Reactions: All the Answers

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
This is a crazily light suspension for the act. Short of 10 has me stunned.
The OHL does not suspend for malicious or vile acts, it is more concerned about making players pay the price when partly responsible for injury that resulted from even the most subtle contact.
If I were handing out discipline, the spitter would have received a similar punishment to Mallioux.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
The OHL does not suspend for malicious or vile acts, it is more concerned about making players pay the price when partly responsible for injury that resulted from even the most subtle contact.
If I were handing out discipline, the spitter would have received a similar punishment to Mallioux.
You’re one of the few folks still holding onto that incident. The OHL GM’s seem to be fine with him considering they voted him the best defenseman.

Reactions: bobber

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
They should pair up Parekh and Dionicio together on the powerplay. Dionicio on 2nd pair is a bit much because he's burning the league.

Who care who play on their off-side they move around A LOT. Its also cause trouble that Parekh want to speedrun change after 1min because Dionicio should be there asap.
I think they do that as both aren’t top tier defensively so with London a team that scores a lot of SHG that may not be a good idea for the spirit.

Also spreading them out helps both powerplays rather than stacking the deck with the first unit.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I mean if he was so awful I'm sure they could have given it to Brzustewicz instead. The point still stands. They don't have an issue with him representing the OHL as their best at his position.
I guess you did not comprehend the part about the OHL is not as concerned about malicious and vile acts as it is about making a player pay the price for even subtle contact that results in injury.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Any other Knights fans wake up with Whitney Houston stuck in their head this morning??
Great bounce back game by Saginaw last night. Looks like now we have the series we all expected...
Worst goal song ever… I remember the team voted or something… but … why. Lol

Reactions: three dog night

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
As a somewhat mutual party, now rooting on Saginaw, the Guo suspension is light.

Penalties like that should face max time, while the “oh he lowered his head last second on an otherwise clean hit - and got concussed” shouldn’t exceed a game.

It’s a shame the intentional, injury potential plays get glanced over, while the half a second decision hockey plays face longer sentences

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Where are the fans

It was 80 degrees out and a week night. Youth sports like baseball and other commitments are happening. We have a young fan base who relies on family sales. Financially many have to choose between Memorial Cup tix or playoff tix. I went tonight with work tix, but haven’t been to a game yet because I dropped my disposable income on a full cup package

BThumme

Oct 2, 2023
the spirit should knock it off with the diving and play hockey.

You’re right. They should have been busy diving on the puck because they were dead tired and being outworked in the third period. London pulled it off twice in the same shift, it was a masterclass.

Why even have a delay of game call if it’s only going to get called when players accidentally shoot the puck out of play in their own zone.

Those dives were the turning point of the game tonight.

Reactions: Northern Maroon

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
You’re right. They should have been busy diving on the puck because they were dead tired and being outworked in the third period. London pulled it off twice in the same shift, it was a masterclass.

Why even have a delay of game call if it’s only going to get called when players accidentally shoot the puck out of play in their own zone.

Those dives were the turning point of the game tonight.
Oh Please... It's no different then trying to freeze the puck along the boards and being told to move it. Covered puck with body long enough to have another player help clear the puck. Sag had just as much chance to get to the puck. Now let's talk about your non existent PP being one of the reasons for trailing in the Series 4/17 23.5% rate with some being 2 men advantage oh London 3/12 25% rate

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Dead tired team and out of gas. I don't know if it's diving or the legs have given out. You can say that some have seen too much ice time but no other choice really. The Soo really took it out of them, especially missing a few players and having to rely on what was available.

They have nobody in the playoff top 10 in points ( Mangone at 15 ). They stand #8 in player goals scored ( Mangone ). They have nobody in the top 10 in assists ( Parekh at 13 ).

Do you notice any missing names??? Come on, you know who I'm talking about.

Yet, I feel that this will be pinned on goaltending!

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Oh Please... It's no different then trying to freeze the puck along the boards and being told to move it. Covered puck with body long enough to have another player help clear the puck. Sag had just as much chance to get to the puck. Now let's talk about your non existent PP being one of the reasons for trailing in the Series 4/17 23.5% rate with some being 2 men advantage oh London 3/12 25% rate
Anything over 20% is fine. 80/20 is the old adage for PK and PP. dropping both games 1 and 2 are what really hurt. We had to split those games.

Reactions: All the Answers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad