GDT: Most Extreme Hockey Challenge! - 7:30 PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Fitzgerald is probably willing to tank this year too. This team isn't good. If he fires Ruff and the next coach sucks then it becomes his ass on the hot seat next.

Loser mentality begets losing. This is the point where as an organization you have to show losing will. It be tolerated. There needs to be pressure of the front office, coaches and players to get better.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
I’m a fairly patient person and try to find the silver linings in things. But this type of play is not one that is going to warrant success. It seems like they are enforcing the offense coming from the perimeter or in transition. There’s not enough focus, whether by the staff or the players, on following shots and second chances. Dominic Moore even said last night that more often than not, those are your best opportunities to score. And we very rarely come up with several of those opportunities.

This is some of the more frustrating hockey I can recall watching because they should not be this bad.

This is all on the coaches.. also we need better goaltending... blackwood is not the answer

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Maybe all of them - the players, coaches, management - have all bought into their own hype and think they can just play on the fly shinny and somehow pull out wins against NHL caliber teams.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Loser mentality begets losing. This is the point where as an organization you have to show losing will. It be tolerated. There needs to be pressure of the front office, coaches and players to get better.
The ownership group is fine with it. They're fine with it with the Sixers too. They have already acknowledged this is a multi year plan. It's getting hard to be invested in this team mentally let alone spending my money on it. I've been a lifelong fan and the last 10-15 years have been difficult, the last 5 have been absolutely horrible tbh. New coaches, new players, new mottos, new jerseys, same results. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Im tired of this team (when gaining puck posesssion) just wildly lookikg for seam passes wide even when there is none to make.

They came out good in 1st. Should have built a 3 1 lead. We have horrible ability to finish chances. So many to go around.

We let bonedust greene get one and parise outskate us for a SH breakaway. Embarassing for any long time fan.

Specifically greene who couldnt muster any leadership in his last years here and watched his team play like ass. Im sorry but this pisses me off way more than it should.

Reactions: mtnet

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Lou’s first 6 years here saw 5 different coaches (6 of you could Lemaire coming in at the beginning of 93-94).
so-what-al-bundy.gif

DevilDog

The Original Dog
Mar 2, 2007
Dirty Jerz
Sorry bro, the entire coaching staff needs to go
I really don’t see Ruff getting fired this season unless this clip of losing continues. But we have every reason to fire his assistant and the fact he still has a job is starting to piss off the entire fan base.

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
I'm actually fine with Torts at this point. Boudreau got this year and next from Vancouver. Willing to sell my soul short term with a similar deal.

Reactions: BurntToast
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad