GDT: Most Extreme Hockey Challenge! - 7:30 PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilDog

The Original Dog
Mar 2, 2007
Dirty Jerz
Isles were due and of course we are the team that’s so bad we broke their losing streak. Other teams see an easy win when the Devils are on their schedule.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Green and Parise both former Devils score against the Devils.

New goalie playing his first game in the NHL. It wasn't all him.

Next up: Flyers

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
A change has to happen. Whatever the front office’s plan for the team was…it isn’t working.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
giphy.gif

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
And if you don't then what? If he comes up and they still suck you send him back to Utica? So we destroy what they've got going on down there to try and salvage this team?
Then we can fire him too and move on to our 5th coach in 4 years.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
Fitzgerald is probably willing to tank this year too. This team isn't good. If he fires Ruff and the next coach sucks then it becomes his ass on the hot seat next.

pulkit1989

Nov 16, 2011
And that’s with us playing a very high defensive style to not give up goals and try to squeak out wins lol.
F it. Just go out and try to score now. Who cares the score. Let them play their game
Their “high” defensive style is a f***ing joke. It aint defense. It’s f***ing chaos

Reactions: Whaddagoal

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I’ve never seen uglier display of sloppy puck management and turnovers in almost 30 years of watching devils hockey. An absolutely embarrassing display. I’m actually disgusted. The last time I felt that way was 2010 with Johnny Mac behind the bench. At least at that time it was obvious that the coach was the problem and the team would rebound once he was gone. This time?…

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I’m a fairly patient person and try to find the silver linings in things. But this type of play is not one that is going to warrant success. It seems like they are enforcing the offense coming from the perimeter or in transition. There’s not enough focus, whether by the staff or the players, on following shots and second chances. Dominic Moore even said last night that more often than not, those are your best opportunities to score. And we very rarely come up with several of those opportunities.

This is some of the more frustrating hockey I can recall watching because they should not be this bad.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
There were problems in Smith's game last year but this decline is still kind of shocking.

Reactions: tr83
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad