Most Disappointing/Impressive player

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
It's still early, but I haven't started a thread in years and feel like we should have a most disappointing and most impressive player so far this season. I can start.

Most impressive: Cramarossa
Most disappointing: Vatanen

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
It's still early, but I haven't started a thread in years and feel like we should have a most disappointing and most impressive player so far this season. I can start.

Most impressive: Cramarossa
Most disappointing: Vatanen

Would agree with this. But I've also been impressed with Bernier.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Would agree with this. But I've also been impressed with Bernier.

Thought about going with Bernier, however I have been firmly in the Bernier is the perfect backup camp from the beginning. This is where the beauty of personal thought and expectations comes in to play!

PCDiesel

Jun 17, 2011
Boston, MA
Most impressive: Rakell/Cramarossa

Least impressive: Vatanen

Seems like Vatanen took the summer off and came into WCOH, TC and regular season thinking well I've been paid and my skills will come back.

Newsflash Sami, your play has been terrible

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
:caps

Most Impressive: Orpik
Most Disappointing: Carlson

I expected Kuznetsov to have a letdown year. Carlson doesn't look like a top-pair defenseman, though, which wasn't to be expected.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014

I expected Kuznetsov to have a letdown year. Carlson doesn't look like a top-pair defenseman, though, which wasn't to be expected.

Sounds like Carlson and Vatanen have had similar starts to the season. I think both will be fine, though.

I've actually been impressed by Fowler, especially by his vastly improved shot. Bernier has also been better than expected.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

I saw this and thought I had wondered to the main board. :laugh:

Anyway for me:

most impressive: Cramarossa (HM to Getzlaf)
most disappointing: Vatanen (HM to Perry)

Fowler has been terrific, but despite his points being up; I thought he was nearly as good as last season. It helps that he's with an adequate partner. It's only been two games, but Lindholm has looked handicapped while being paired with the **** known as Bieksa.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Impressive in terms of didn't expect to be as good is Cramarossa and the bottom 6 in general. Impressive overall is Getzlaf he's been our best player when healthy.

Least impressive would be Vatanen, Bieksa and Theodore. Vatanen clearly didn't train over the offseason, Bieksa is about done he's lost whatever ability he had left and Theodore in the games he's been in hasn't impressed and has taken a step back from where he was last year.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Impressive in terms of didn't expect to be as good is Cramarossa and the bottom 6 in general. Impressive overall is Getzlaf he's been our best player when healthy.

Least impressive would be Vatanen, Bieksa and Theodore. Vatanen clearly didn't train over the offseason, Bieksa is about done he's lost whatever ability he had left and Theodore in the games he's been in hasn't impressed and has taken a step back from where he was last year.

Agreed.
I think we can add to the ''Impressive'' list Larsson

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Most impressive has been Fowler. Most disappointing has been Vatanen. Ritchie has also been impressive given the massive step forward he took from last year but I still want to see more offense from him.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Not really players

but

RC has done a good job imo

BM did a good job cleaning up his mess without losing anything significant and getting everyone signed to reasonable contracts.

Our scouting team @ the premature results from the last draft(Steel, soy, jones, mahura)

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I think Henry Samueli has been the most impressive. Without him digging deeper to correct Bob's **** ups, this team would be a whole lot worse off.

To me Fowler has been the most impressive player because he actually appears to have focused on his shortcomings and actually made big improvements in those areas. I never expected him to be so aggressive offensively. And he's done that without sacrificing his defense.

As has been noted, Sami seems to be MIA. Hopefully he snaps out of it soon.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yeah Fowler is definitely deserving being mentioned in the impressive list.

Honestly, I`m also really impressed of how he has handled all this situation for the past half year. It must take a great character to deal with all the stuff that was going on (rumors that he will be traded and all). Not all players can deal with it like Cam has dealt with it

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Yeah Fowler is definitely deserving being mentioned in the impressive list.

Honestly, I`m also really impressed of how he has handled all this situation for the past half year. It must take a great character to deal with all the stuff that was going on (rumors that he will be traded and all). Not all players can deal with it like Cam has dealt with it

I do worry about that come free agent time.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Most impressive: Fowler, Crammer, Bernier
Most disappointing: Vatanen, Bieksa, Boll

I'd say Getzlaf in most impressive but this is what I expect from an 8 million dollar player. I'd say Perry in most disappointing but I'm just too used to his vanishing acts. For all the flak Getzlaf takes for laziness, I think Perry is worse about it.

I'd also want to say Cogliano but I don't think he's going above and beyond his usual level of play/effort. He's just getting rewarded for it more.

Last edited:

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Impressive: Fowler
Disappointing: Theodore (expecting him to be better and be a regular part of the team this year)

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I think Henry Samueli has been the most impressive. Without him digging deeper to correct Bob's **** ups, this team would be a whole lot worse off.

To me Fowler has been the most impressive player because he actually appears to have focused on his shortcomings and actually made big improvements in those areas. I never expected him to be so aggressive offensively. And he's done that without sacrificing his defense.

As has been noted, Sami seems to be MIA. Hopefully he snaps out of it soon.

Psst... or... b/c we're a small market team with a smaller budget, it's possible that the Samueli's have been holding the team back? There's a research article that founded a relationship to money spent to winning Cups. Remember, Samueli's might have had an internal budget that the GM must adhere to.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Psst... or... b/c we're a small market team with a smaller budget, it's possible that the Samueli's have been holding the team back? There's a research article that founded a relationship to money spent to winning Cups. Remember, Samueli's might have had an internal budget that the GM must adhere to.

Sorry, you completely lost me. We don't usually spend to the cap...we did...hence Henry is my most impressive person.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I've been trying to wait until the 20-game mark to really start judging anybody, because of the new coach/new system/gimmick cup beginning, but with some of them it's getting hard. I have hopes that Sami will turn it around, he's been lousy.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Bieksa has always been dumb and out of position and prone to the sweep-tackle, which often leads to a goalie takeout.

But I feel like it's getting worse. Is it just me? Or if it is, why? Is he more out of position because he's dumber? Is he more out of position because he's slower?

Do you think the coaches could implement a "stay on your feet, don't try to block the shot" policy with him? Or is he too dumb/instinctual?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad