Injury Report: Morrissey - upper body injury (skating now in non-contact jersey)

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
We don't know for sure because they will never say, but the way the coach was talking today, it sounds like he probably could have played at least 1 game before the end of the season but they are keeping him out to be extra safe because they dont feel he will gain much from playing a game or two before the playoffs.

Hopefully it's this.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Is Morrissey playing today?

Not sure, but if he's ready to play, maybe they should keep him out of the lineup until the playoffs start. The Coyotes have nothing to lose and might take a lot of unnecessary cheap shots at the Jets players. No sense risking Morrissey if they can do without him for one more game.

:jets

Reactions: SUX2BU

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I don't expect Morrissey to be able to be impactful in the playoffs. He's been playing on a bum leg since January and hasn't played at all since Feb 24. Hard to expect someone to return from that in Game 1 of the playoffs and be at 100%.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Potentially a big game for the Jets tonight. If the Blues win this afternoon or it looks like Nashville will lose, I would consider inserting Morrisssey to secure 1st or 2nd.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Potentially a big game for the Jets tonight. If the Blues win this afternoon or it looks like Nashville will lose, I would consider inserting Morrisssey to secure 1st or 2nd.

Good point -
I retract my earlier post :D

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Not sure, but if he's ready to play, maybe they should keep him out of the lineup until the playoffs start. The Coyotes have nothing to lose and might take a lot of unnecessary cheap shots at the Jets players. No sense risking Morrissey if they can do without him for one more game.

:jets

They have nothing to gain either. This is the last game of their season. Not sure why they would do that. If he can go and get some minutes to get into game shape I say do it. But if he’s not unequivocally 100%, I see no reason too.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I don't expect Morrissey to be able to be impactful in the playoffs. He's been playing on a bum leg since January and hasn't played at all since Feb 24. Hard to expect someone to return from that in Game 1 of the playoffs and be at 100%.

Have you any idea how many players are injured, and continue to push their bodies to the limit in the playoffs? Morrissey will be fine. If he was not recovered, TNSE would sit him until the end of the series. Besides, the Jets have four days off to rest, and this is enough time for Morrissey to be good to go.

PS...I think you are confusing Morrissey and Buff. Morrissey hurt his shoulder. Buff injured his leg.

Reactions: GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad