Injury Report: Morrissey - upper body injury (skating now in non-contact jersey)

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Old news but deserves its own thread I guess. My hope is he can get in a game or two prior to the playoffs. Rumour is he broke his collarbone.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I hate these simulations of what life will be without Trouba, a.k.a. 'what is it like to have two non-replacement level defensemen in the roster.

Thank God he should be back for the playoffs.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Old news but deserves its own thread I guess. My hope is he can get in a game or two prior to the playoffs. Rumour is he broke his collarbone.

Pierre Lebrun said they were positive about it prior to the MRI and to me that points to what you've heard.

The alternative being a soft tissue injury, which definitely wouldn't be 100% for the playoffs. He'd probably be able to play, but it wouldn't be pain free.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Pierre Lebrun said they were positive about it prior to the MRI and to me that points to what you've heard.

The alternative being a soft tissue injury, which definitely wouldn't be 100% for the playoffs. He'd probably be able to play, but it wouldn't be pain free.
Broken collarbone is typically 4-6 weeks. Jets last regular season game is April 6 which is almost exactly 6 weeks from when the injury occurred. If his recovery goes well, he might get in 1-2 games prior to the first game of the playoffs.

Reactions: None

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I hate these simulations of what life will be without Trouba, a.k.a. 'what is it like to have two non-replacement level defensemen in the roster.

Thank God he should be back for the playoffs.

He'll be needed for our first round series against the top team in the west. :sarcasm:

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
Have there been any recent updates on Morrissey's return? I admit I haven't been able to bring myself to listen to Maurice's pressers in a while.

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
I’m gonna guess he plays the final regular season game as a tune-up. (This is just a guess based on the fact that he’s skating in a non-contact jersey at this stage)

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I’m gonna guess he plays the final regular season game as a tune-up. (This is just a guess based on the fact that he’s skating in a non-contact jersey at this stage)
I'm hoping you are right. Little harder to tell the time table with upper body injuries as the player usually starts skating with the team earlier than with lower body injuries. On the positive side it is easier to get their skating legs coming back.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It’s now April, where’s Morrissey?

In that sweet canary yellow Jersey making sure he is as close to 100% as possible. If it takes another week or two so be it. As long as he is ready for game 1. If he’s not back for the playoffs then I will be depressed more than worried.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Is Morrissey going to be fully healthy for the playoffs?

Or playing through something?

It’s really hard to say. The normal time of recovery for his injury is around the time the playoffs start give or take a week. Its not inconceivable for him to be back at close to full health by mid April but time will tell.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
It’s really hard to say. The normal time of recovery for his injury is around the time the playoffs start give or take a week. Its not inconceivable for him to be back at close to full health by mid April but time will tell.

They also have to make sure they get it right because he will likely be tested in his first couple of shifts in his first playoff game. These early games can be some of the most physical.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Is Morrissey going to be fully healthy for the playoffs?

Or playing through something?
We don't know for sure because they will never say, but the way the coach was talking today, it sounds like he probably could have played at least 1 game before the end of the season but they are keeping him out to be extra safe because they dont feel he will gain much from playing a game or two before the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad