Moritz Seider

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
That thread is always fun to go back to, funny to see the typical haters with the worst hot takes.

definitely some hot takes in there but honestly that thread seems pretty restrained overall for such an unexpected pick at 6th overall

I think it was so unexpected that a lot of us were just too taken off guard by it to even be upset(I know I certainly felt that way, was a "guess i'll wait and see" kinda thing for me)

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I seem to remember wanting a center, with Turcotte as my preference but also being fine with either Cozens or Zegras.

Seider was a major surprise, but I wasn't mad at taking a defenseman. Really Podkolzin was the only potential pick I was decidedly against.

Thumbs up so far!

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Serious question: was this Yzerman's pick or did he truly trust his scouts?

The scouts liked him a lot, Yzerman was perhaps his biggest backer from what I have heard. Hakan, Draper and yes Wright were big fans. I have never really gotten a clean read on if the had him over Byram, the other parts of the top 5 they did to my understanding.

But when it came time he wasn't moving back so he was clearly top of their next tier at the time. I think they were leaving with Seider or Broberg once Turcotte and Dach didn't fall.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I'm excited to see if he gets #53 with the Wings - as soon as his number's announced, I'm buying it. It'll be my first jersey and I want to get it right!

Can't see why he wouldn't. Higher tier picks usually get to pick their numbers right from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad