More From The Great One

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadrunner

Jul 25, 2003
U Can'tTake Me Alive
Visit site
Were you surprised the players didn't make a new offer to the league?

"When Mario and I were asked to become part of this, we were expecting to see some sort of proposal that would have eventually ended up in the lap of the commissioner. I'm not blaming anyone, but that was the mind-set that we had, and that's what we were led to believe."

You sound exhausted. What is your emotional state?

"I'm drained because I feel bad for everyone and I'm embarrassed for the league. Quite frankly, I didn't want to get involved. These are complicated issues that are way over my head."

I feel your pain, brutha!

Also, he said in this article that he would have definitely coached the Coyotes in a short season. I thought that was all media BS at the time. I'm a bit surprised.

Check it out.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
"I think the more leagues that sprout up can only help the game."

I dunno about that. I don't think the sport can afford a fragmented fanbase. Sort of like what happened to open wheel racing. CART split into IRL and ChampCar, and now the Indy 500 ratings have plummeted into the abyss and NASCAR is king.

roadrunner

Jul 25, 2003
U Can'tTake Me Alive
Visit site
Hoek said:
I dunno about that. I don't think the sport can afford a fragmented fanbase. Sort of like what happened to open wheel racing. CART split into IRL and ChampCar, and now the Indy 500 ratings have plummeted into the abyss and NASCAR is king.

Right on...I hear ya. But the thing is...the NHL IS king. Every player that comes into a league below it dreams of making the NHL. It is the best of the best of players, with plentiful rewards. That is the shame of this lockout situation. Nothing to shoot for.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Hoek said:
I think NASCAR is just watered down and for "dumb" fans.

Same argument goes with anti-NHLers. They're too dumb to get the concept of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad