Post-Game Talk: More Costly The Loss Or The Injuries? Canes win 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Not going to search the forum for the GDT for the November 10 game where the Panthers won 5-2, but was there as much salt from Panthers fans? Maybe some joking about the Canes not really losing.

Whatever. It's one losing an 82 game season. Rather a loss here than when it counts, in the playoffs.

Missing Forsling hurt the exits from the D zone.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Only concern for me was that he never showed up to the bench, even to be there as a cheerleader.
Hopefully, it's just super precaution. I'm sure it's not at 100%, but at the same time it should be "healed" and not made out of glass here on out, right? Not like he got Brian Campbell'd or Scott Steven'd and was a violent hit.
If I can chime in on that I wouldn't worry to much about it given the setup for the visiting teams at PNC. In order to come back out he'd have to wait for a stoppage and cross the ice to the bench. No real sense in doing that if he's not going to play (even with a minor injury).

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
If I can chime in on that I wouldn't worry to much about it given the setup for the visiting teams at PNC. In order to come back out he'd have to wait for a stoppage and cross the ice to the bench. No real sense in doing that if he's not going to play (even with a minor injury).

Ah, good point. Forgot how it's setup at the PNC arena.
Used to the Amerant arena design.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
These two teams would be bitter, bitter rivals if they were both in the Atlantic Division. Even now, these games have a little extra energy to them.

Reactions: Vilam

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
These two teams would be bitter, bitter rivals if they were both in the Atlantic Division. Even now, these games have a little extra energy to them.

I'd imagine that the intensity from the Panthers side wouldn't have been the same if both Gus and MT didn't get injured in the 1st period. It would've been a rather demoralizing loss for the Canes when the Panthers were playing without two important players.

Reactions: Vilam

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I think the 1-0 win is way more important to Canes fans than it is to players of either team or that a 1-0 win would have been to Panthers fans.

I understand it. When you’re the inferior team whose fans know they will lose when it counts, you place irrational importance on regular season games. To a lesser extent, we used to do that with the Bolts.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Other than not getting a point, not upset at all. They played very well, with two key players injured. I like the structure being there all the time, with injuries, with changes in lines, with changes in defensive pairing.
Hopefully the injuries won't linger too long.

Last edited:
Reactions: BabyBennettov

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Forsling got tangled up with someone behind the net early in the game, didn’t see what happened, but he got up slowly and came back out in front of the net, he was kind of standing straight up, looked like something was hurting. Then the puck came to him and he had to battle against a forechecking Cane. That was his last shift.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Anyway, the score of the game's an afterthought. Both teams are making the playoffs. The Panthers clearly didn't have the same energy level in that game that the Canes had, which is understandable given recent history between these two teams.

Losing 2 of your 3 best skaters in one period, however, is a disaster. I can't think of any outcome that could have been worse than Forsling/Tkachuk leaving injured except maybe Barkov going out, too. At that point 1/82 is irrelevant.

Reactions: Felidae

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
1708708666295.png

Excess pressure in NEW JERSEY?! My Guy there is nothing in New Jersey to cause excess pressure lmfao

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
If the players have no real leg injury but have to leave the game, they usually spend the game on the treadmill. They don't just get the game "off", they have to work out instead except if they have observation/press box duty

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
I get the idea of the revenge game but I never subscribed to it.

Beating Vegas twice didn't feel any different to me. We aren't closer to a cup

Last night was a great game. I like Carolina on the ice.

Their fans and admin are a different story but who cares.

It's February 22
Was nice at least beating them in their own barn for once, but yeah all for naught if we cant do it again in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad