Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Old Thrashers

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • New Coyotes who get relocated again because Winnipeg is a toilet

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Some of us were pretty optimistic after the deadline. But we forgot who was in net. Playing seven games in the post season would be a blessing. We're getting wiped out in 6 max. I'd rather have JoJo back there at this point. It's a sick comedy watching him right now. Whole team is deflated because they know he can't make a single stop they need

Georgiev haș been a problem this year, but mostly in terms of not making all the big saves, when the team has breakdowns.

But the Avs won the Cup because of the play of the team in front of Kuemper. Not because of Kuemper. The play of the team in front of Georgiev, specifically the defenseman, is by far the most concerning thing with this team this year IMO.

If they're going to win again, or even advance past the first round, the Avs D core is going to have to flip a switch and play much better defensively than they have all year. Which is a big ask.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Sooooo...not enough is being made about the medical miracle that is Josh Manson having a brain transplant swap with Patrice Brisebois. (probably should have picked someone else)

Goals #1 & 2 were on Manson & Girard but goals 3 & 4 were 100% on George. The sad part is they felt like "I give up" goals.

For the past few weeks I've been adamant that Bednar was probably going to stay with George until he falters in the playoffs because he wouldn't be able to go back to George if he did the opposite but that theory is out the window.

George couldn't lead this team for a visit to see the Stanley Cup at the Hockey Hall of Fame let alone winning it in the playoffs.

It's so weird...I don't know what happened with this guy. It's almost as if he had a closed door meeting with all the defense like 2 months ago and just let them all have it one by one about how much they suck!!!

These guys really don't seem like they want to play good defense in front of him at all.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
I will say, at least the Jets don't have a douchebag idiotic fan base like Edmonton, Vancouver or Montreal. One of the better Canadian teams to lose to.

Jets fan here and Avalanche fan since they were the Nordiques. Peter Forsberg is my all time favourite player.

Anything can happen in the playoffs and I still believe the Avalanche will win round one and if they do, I will be on that bandwagon. I loathe Vegas, Edmonton and Dallas oh and obviously Toronto in the East.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
My biggest dissapointment this season is what a absolute fraud Cale Makar is. He keeps putting up points and breaking records and everyone is in awe and cheers and meanwhile he's maybe the worst best defenceman in the league.

Just make him a winger or something. f***

Remember when he shut McDavid out in the 2022 playoffs? Yeah, that shit is never happening again... He's now a flat out liability who leeches assists and gets a bunch of blueline attempts.

Also, Fire bednar already. Fire everyone.

If they advance and face McDavid again, they'll need to rely on Cale and Toews a lot more than last time too, because Manson and JJ struggled against him, and the two that helped out, and actually did a better job containing him in terms of xGF% and HDCF%, are gone.

If Cale defends him and others in the playoffs, the way he's defended in the regular season this year, the Avs could be in trouble. Not sure G and Walker will be able to help much defensively. Manson is gonna really need to step up too.

2021-22 Playoffs - McDavid 5v5 Stats vs Avs D Pairs

NAMETOICF%HDCF%xGF%
vs Byram25:4951.67%40.00%42.21%
vs EJ18:4353.49%50.00%46.03%
vs Makar47:4843.70%52.94%46.34%
vs Toews49:0745.22%51.61%49.98%
vs Manson8:3760.87%100%71.69%
vs JJ3:4966.67%100%93.87%

@Iceberg

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I say Avs win one more cup with this core in 2027 and that will be all.

Win in 96 then another one 5 years later in 01
Win in 22 then 5 years later in 27

It checks out

Reactions: missionAvs

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Bottom line is, only one team wins the cup and you only remember the team that won. No one even remembers the team that loses in the finals, and no one remembers the team losing in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounds.

There are bunch of really good teams that won’t win the cup and won’t be remembered.

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
Avs suck and moving Byram for Mittlejost didn’t do shit for us. And then 6eor6iev in net isn’t getting us anywhere. 2022 was our year

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
George is just fragile mentally at this point, and I think he's run out of excuses to himself.

He still shows up to big games that matter to him (i.e. every time he plays the Rags), but outside of that he's a pylon.
CIA has mind altering drugs. Maybe they should have Georgiev take it to think he’s always playing the Rangers

Reactions: missionAvs

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I came so close of blowing a ton of cash to see this game live with my family. Instead I chose a hike, yard work and shopping at the end of the day. Clearly a better choice then the trade reck seen my too many today. :)
Honestly, I would rather be on the titanic than in Ball Arena watching todays game…

but only if there was room for me on one of the lifeboats

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I loathe afternoon games.

Do we have the worst record in the league during afternoon games? Seems like it over the past 10 years...

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Georgiev haș been a problem this year, but mostly in terms of not making all the big saves, when the team has breakdowns.

But the Avs won the Cup because of the play of the team in front of Kuemper. Not because of Kuemper. The play of the team in front of Georgiev, specifically the defenseman, is by far the most concerning thing with this team this year IMO.

If they're going to win again, or even advance past the first round, the Avs D core is going to have to flip a switch and play much better defensively than they have all year. Which is a big ask.
Precisely on target. The Avs D was and has been terrible. Toews completely suck today on his coverages and decision making giving Jet players easy open opportunities on the goalies.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

This…

No matter how bad Georgiev has been, the Avs defensive game has been average to bad all year. I don’t know how many good defensive games this team has played this year, but you can probably count them on one hand.

Most games this team has won this year was them out scoring their defensive issues thanks to MVP season from Mack. They have fallen behind in many of those wins and had to make a come back. The defensive structure has been lacking all year. It needs to turn around completely in the playoffs or we won’t go far

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad