GDT: Montreal @ San Jose 7:30 PM

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Cannot blame PDB for trying anything and everything with Boedker. He is making 4M a year and would be nice if he can find a fit, even if its temporary. Boedker currently has 3 points in 4 games (0 today). If he can keep up a .5+ PPG pace, it would only increase his trade value.
I actually can't blame him for not playing Boedker on the 4th line. If he was on the 4th line, he probably wouldn't even score 20 points and we kind of need him to score more than 20 points with the contract he has and how much money he makes. Last year he barely scored 25 while playing 80 or 81 games.

I still don't like him and think he sucks, but he looks like he might be progressing back to his production from the several seasons before last year. The production that he was signed for.

Reactions: Satastic

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
full

full
'
"I say, for my first recorded scoring marker of this new competitive term, perhaps I should unsheathe a rarely used component of my arsenal and propel the play disk towards the target area with stronger concussive force as opposed to a gentler transfer of energy. Tallying a point in such an unusual manner against an opponent who has vacated their protective location in a calculated gamble seems a suitably unexpected method of accounting for myself on the record of contributors to my squadron's positive outcome. Wouldn't you agree my loyal compatriot?"

full

"Indubitably, sir. Indubitably,"

full

"Mmmyes, indeed."

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I think its hilarious that Jumbo is where he is with points and still didnt get the nod over Toews for top-100 players of the century.

Yes .. I am still bitter.

Honestly those awards are stupid and you're better off not caring; don't play yourself. Look at Sens fans. Look at how much time in agony they spend over Burns and Doughty's Norris victories.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
Aww sweet! Tonight is quite the bounce back game. I really wish Boedker can f*** off to the 4th line since Donskoi was very good on the 3rd line.

shorkie88

Jun 11, 2015
Calgary
I actually can't blame him for not playing Boedker on the 4th line. If he was on the 4th line, he probably wouldn't even score 20 points and we kind of need him to score more than 20 points with the contract he has and how much money he makes. Last year he barely scored 25 while playing 80 or 81 games.

I still don't like him and think he sucks, but he looks like he might be progressing back to his production from the several seasons before last year. The production that he was signed for.

unrelated, but i almost forgot joel ward is on the team. lol.

Reactions: Bleedred

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement

No SNOG. We did have an optimistic 5-1 that barely missed though.

snogwin.jpg

GameSNOG Winner(s)Result
Oct. 4 vs FlyersnoneFlyers 5-3
Oct. 7 vs KingshohosaregoodKings 4-1
Oct. 12 vs Sabres CanadianSharks, PopaneNightscare Sharks 3-2
Oct. 14 vs IslandersnoneIslanders 3-1
Oct. 17 vs CanadiensnoneSharks 5-2
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Rank2017-18 SNOG standings# of SNOGs
T-1.CanadianSharks, hohosaregood, PopaneNightscare 1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I think its hilarious that Jumbo is where he is with points and still didnt get the nod over Toews for top-100 players of the century.

Yes .. I am still bitter.

full

"I would suggest that the fault lies in the possession of those mysterious components oft referred to as intangibles. Though I am perplexed at the nature and nebulousness of such philosophical instruments, I do not find myself betwixt the selected competitors on this issue as I am quite assured that my good master is very much entrenched in the annals of the most successful participants in the history of the league."

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
full

"I would suggest that the fault lies in the possession of those mysterious components oft referred to as intangibles. Though I am perplexed at the nature and nebulousness of such philosophical instruments, I do not find myself betwixt the selected competitors on this issue as I am quite assured that my good master is very much entrenched in the annals of the most successful participants in the history of the league."
mmmyes indeed.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Couture on TV postgame interview:

- [pleased with tonight's game?] yeah, it's always nice when you get a few open nets, Pav made a great play on that second one that I got, I thought we played a solid game
- I think we've been better in spurts, against the Islanders we were good in the 3rd, tonight we weren't as good in the 1st, we got better in the 2nd, we kinda shut it down there in the 3rd, hopefully we can build off it

Jones on radio postgame interview:

- it was an important game for us, we came in after the 1st period and we were ok, we had a pretty good 1st period, we thought just kinda how we played the 1st four games, you don't have a lot of success in this league by playing just OK, so we knew we had to find another level and we got better as the game went on, we just have to find a way to keep that urgency and intensity up for 60 minutes
- [is the team starting to come together / resemble last year?] we have to get better and better I think, just with that compete level and urgency, but again, we need to find a way to keep that up for 60 minutes, game to game as well, it's tough to win in this league so we gotta make sure we have that compete every night
- [do you get amped up playing against top goaltenders like Price?] it's gonna be a tough game when you play a goalie like that, nothing really changes in my preparation, you just know it's gonna be tough to get goals so you gotta be at your best for sure
- [thoughts on upcoming road trip?] yeah, I think everyone's really excited to get on the road, obviously it's nice having a big homestand to start the season but I think all the boys are excited to get on the road and get a few wins out there

sjsharky

Sep 9, 2007
Mendocino Coast
Well, the Habs looked bad and the Sharks didn't look bad. Still going to need better execution if they're going to compete with the big boys, but in the meantime it's nice to finally put some in the back of the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad