Montreal Impact Thread XLVIII - ''Mapp still out with Hair line fracture'' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Venegas is ****. But so was Romero his first season. Venegas is driving me crazy. He kills our momentum. But I'll give him an offseason to work with

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Don't understand how he hasn't figured out yet that flopping doesn't work in North American mentality. Such a disappointment indeed, he doesn't create anything.

It's unfortunate that we have to go to the playoffs with Venegas/Oduro/Duka as our wingers. I'd prefer Romero and Mapp.

my gf asked if players flopped around a lot, I said that the mentality here was somewhat different and that we only had one guy who still did it regularly and it clearly didn't work

5 min into the game he was on the ground :laugh:

speaking of her, she's not a sports fan but I think she understood what it was all about once Drogba scored and some people ran up and down the stairs waving their arms in 131. Thank you Didier

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Don't understand how he hasn't figured out yet that flopping doesn't work in North American mentality. Such a disappointment indeed, he doesn't create anything.

It's unfortunate that we have to go to the playoffs with Venegas/Oduro/Duka as our wingers. I'd prefer Romero and Mapp.

Even Giovinco figured it out. Didn't flop as much as usual yesterday. Even tried to keep his balance in the box :laugh:

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Venegas is ****. But so was Romero his first season. Venegas is driving me crazy. He kills our momentum. But I'll give him an offseason to work with

This.

He's not a guarantee to be a success story like Romero, but there are a lot of similarities between the two in their first seasons.

They both showed signs of skill and offensive flair, however they also both showed early signs of undisciplined play and struggled with the style of MLS play. I would choose Duka over Venegas every day at this point. If only Mapp weren't injured!

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Thursday at pm....too early for me...no way ill get there in time:(

see ya Sunday Saputo

If I'm not mistaken, we can't play at Saputo on Sunday because there will be the # 1 and 2 seeds, plus us #3 and whoever wins between DCU and NER. So basically if we beat TFC we're going to Columbus this weekend. If we beat Columbus and DCU/NER beat NYRB, we'd host another home game. And the final would all depend on who we're facing from the West.

Campoozmstnz

May 27, 2013
If I'm not mistaken, we can't play at Saputo on Sunday because there will be the # 1 and 2 seeds, plus us #3 and whoever wins between DCU and NER. So basically if we beat TFC we're going to Columbus this weekend. If we beat Columbus and DCU/NER beat NYRB, we'd host another home game. And the final would all depend on who we're facing from the West.
http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2015/10/25/audi-2015-mls-cup-playoffs-matchups
Second game is when top seed plays at home.

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Pretty much what I'm saying. Round 2 is impossible for us to play a home game and rounds 3-4 depend on who we face.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Pretty much what I'm saying. Round 2 is impossible for us to play a home game and rounds 3-4 depend on who we face.

Round 2 is 2 legs. We'll play a home game, and it's probably going to be on Sunday.

Only 1st round is a straight elimination game.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl

If IMFC, beats TFC they play Columbus at Stade Saputo sunday, (columbus #2 imfc #3, top seed has home game for second leg)

void

Jan 5, 2006
Stop talking about round 2+, guys. Thursday is going to be a very difficult match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad