OT: Montreal Impact Thread: One step forward 2 steps backward edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Richard Legendre admitted in a LaPresse+ article this morning that he couldn't name Dallas' or KC's DPs because they're "unknown". Can we please get rid of this guy? What does he do all day exactly if he doesn't even follow the league?

I guess the point he was trying to make was that some teams are still succesfull without spending a lot but if they're not willing to do so on a 3rd DP, they should follow what these teams are doing to find guys like Christian Colman (I think Legendre must remember him after Saturday) or Gerso...which is to have a real pro scouting staff. And that goes for non DPs too. Imagine if we had been able to bring over guys like Mauro Diaz or Javier Morales instead of guys like Arregui or Santiago Gonzalez or Lucas Ontivero who were never scouted properly.

To be fair though, Legendre is just there as a media face and team lobbyist...

There is a big difference price tag on a player like Mauro Diaz compared to Arregui, for exaple. Diaz is a known player in Argentina, Arregui is a nobody. Diaz doesnt need to get scouted so much, like Piatti. If you bring in guys like Arregui is because you've souted him and he fits a specific role... but IMFC just improvise with whatever NDS and his half-assed connections bring us.

Dallas has had success over the years because they have a good coach, a good youth system and they always have a lot of depth.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Ontivero 2.0

since they are obsessed with Argentina why don't they go for the good players instead? Someone should let them know Argentina isn't the only south american country. I would rather see a Colombian, Chilean, Ecaudorian over an Argetine at this point.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
That's would be a whole lot of transfer money for a young, small and unproven guy at this point. Can't say I'm all that familiar with Solis though, maybe he's got a lot of hidden potential that his stats aren't showing me.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
They should really scout the colombian league

Amen

Alot of hidden gems, Diego Chara, Mauro Manotas, Fabian Castillo, Medranda, Higuita, Fredy Montero to name a few all came from that league. They are cheaper so u know they'll love it.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Ontivero 2.0

since they are obsessed with Argentina why don't they go for the good players instead? Someone should let them know Argentina isn't the only south american country. I would rather see a Colombian, Chilean, Ecaudorian over an Argetine at this point.

Pretty much what I'm thinking too, Ontivero...

Btw we would need to move some assets to bring this guy, we traded our last international spot away a few days ago. Coud be we're just being used to raise this guys price tag.

And yeah, there's plenty of talent in south american leagues. A lot of that talent does ends up coming to north america but traditionally to be wasted in Liga MX instead of coming to MLS, unfortunately. This trend is changing, but MLS teams need to step it up more imo.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Well LA fired their dreadful coach so that makes Biello now the less competent coach in the league.

And Jonathan Dos Santos will join LA Galaxy tomorrow for around $5 Million. Basically a Gerrard replacement but 10 years younger. In his prime, 27 years old, NT team member, played for Barcelona, is Mexican, this is a huge move for MLS. He could've went anywhere else. Obviously best CM in the league along Basti.

RoadTotheCup

Apr 9, 2012
Biello have something that the LA coach don't have....Foxhole buddies! :sarcasm:

Well LA fired their dreadful coach so that makes Biello now the less competent coach in the league.

And Jonathan Dos Santos will join LA Galaxy tomorrow for around $5 Million. Basically a Gerrard replacement but 10 years younger. In his prime, 27 years old, NT team member, played for Barcelona, is Mexican, this is a huge move for MLS. He could've went anywhere else. Obviously best CM in the league along Basti.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
^Petrescu :laugh:

This team may be sh** at times but at least we have Impact Media <3

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl

Meh, I wouldnt rate him so higly yet, like his brother, he's a very inconsistent player. I'm not a fan of neither but personally, I'd pick Bradley over Dos Santos any day. I'd probably pick Bradley over Basti at this point too, if we're talking solely about what they bring on the pitch.

edit: let's wait and see, but Dzemaili is quickly making a case for himself too!

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Meh, I wouldnt rate him so higly yet, like his brother, he's a very inconsistent player. I'm not a fan of neither but personally, I'd pick Bradley over Dos Santos any day. I'd probably pick Bradley over Basti at this point too, if we're talking solely about what they bring on the pitch.

edit: let's wait and see, but Dzemaili is quickly making a case for himself too!

Well we all know Mexico is your favorite team :laugh:

I see Bradley more as a DM than CM hence why I didn't mention his name. But on paper, JDS is definitely up there with Basti. And yes Dzemaili is quickly reaching that status as well.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
^Where did you get that impression? :sarcasm:

Speaking of, at the Dos Santos presser, basically Jona was asked the same question 10 times by the mexican journalists: "Why are you going to play in that garbage league they call MLS?" :rolleyes:

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
On this day, 2 years ago, Drogba arrived in Montreal

It was like a fairy tale come true. I don't think I'll ever see both such a strong physically and talented forward ever again in an impact jersey

Cmon Joey, get us someone good !!

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
AJH
Ballou-Dzemaili-Salazar
Bernardello-Bernier
Lovitz-Ciman-Fisher-Duvall
Creapeau (!!)

Bush & Mancosu on the bench. Piatti as well, definitely isn't 100% yet. Donadel didn't make the trip (knee swelling)

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I like it. Oduro and Mancosu belong on the bench right now and we've got nothing to lose by putting Crepeau in there, it's not like Bush is making a huge positive difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad