OT: Montreal Impact Thread LVII - Nacho & Euro Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Venegas with Costa Rica and Venegas with us a total mind ****. That's the guy we signed.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Shows the level of difficulty of MLS. Good news (for us) is that he can play this Saturday.

I disagree, I think the level of play in copa america is higher than the MLS. I rarely see the pass Venegas received on his goal in the MLS. That said, it's more of a question of fitting in the MLS style for Venegas.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I disagree, I think the level of play in copa america is higher than the MLS. I rarely see the pass Venegas received on his goal in the MLS. That said, it's more of a question of fitting in the MLS style for Venegas.

Disagree with what ? I didn't say MLS' level is higher than Copa America. I wasn't making a comparaison, just saying that the level of difficulty here is clearly significant. Anyway it's impossible to compare international tournaments to domestic league.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Disagree with what ? I didn't say MLS' level is higher than Copa America. I wasn't making a comparaison, just saying that the level of difficulty here is clearly significant. Anyway it's impossible to compare international tournaments to domestic league.

It's difficult for Venegas to integrate in a team that moves the ball slowly and doesn't react to one twos. Many times he gives and runs expecting to get it back and the other dude just takes his sweet time.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
NRC was good from September, don't understand why we let him go.

Real question is what is Duka up to these days?

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
A 4-4-1-1 formation could do wonders imo.

I would prefer a 4-2-3-1 - Piatti is not as useful in coverage- he needs to play closer to the net.

Bush
Oyongo-Cabrera-Ciman-Toia
Donadel-Alexander
Ontiveros-Venegas-Piatti
Drogba

The issue with this formation is whether the two holding midfielders can cover enough ground.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Keep in mind Celso Borges was having a hell of a game too, and we have no midfielders of his quality who service the ball. Thats what we need to get asap.

I like the idea of playing Venegas up front with Drogba. Didier has the skill to make Venegas shine.

edit: good for Ciman, he has what it takes to do well at rb

Dwight

The French Tickler
Jul 8, 2006
West Island
Would definitely love to see Ciman starting with Belgium. They're my #2 team behind England (and will likely move to #1 once England inevitably blows it)

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
My team in Europe, Ireland, can beat Sweden with the lineup they're playing right now. Keep an eye on Coleman and Hoolahan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad