Proposal: Montreal - Florida

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Let's say you have about 4M$ of cap space for the Habs right now. Let's also say I am a GM and I call you and say: "Hi, I'll give you waiver fodder Byron and a 2nd for nothing in return" would you do it? Hell no! Stop being so short sighted. Teams are cap strapped.

Now you'll say "B-b-but Seattle has alot of cap, they need to fill it! They will gadly take Byron or a Chiarot, yuuh"
Why!? Like seriously how do you get to that!? What kind of gas lighting will you use next to say Byron or Chiarot(as some others say) would be finger licking tempting for them. Oh wait, must have forgotten, THE TREASURED SECOND ROUND PICK! Why not dump them the bought out Alzner contract too then if it were allowed. Post concussion Byron is not the same player at all. Everyone and their mothers know that.

Sorry it had to be you, but some post are just ludicrous.

Well, SEA will be able to pick between Chiarot, Byron, Mete or AHLers... At that point, If you're Francis, Do you take a undershized #5-6d-man, or Byron who can be a servicable 3-4th liner along with a 2nd rd pick.

Habs protection list

Toffoli
Anderson
KK
Gallagher
Drouin
Evans
Lehkhonen

**Armia, Tatar and Danault are all UFA, I expect Bergevin to wait after ED to sign them and save roster spots w/ a handhsake deal made pre ED. But If SEA want to pick one of them and overpay them (7X7 kind of deal), be my guess.

Weber
Petry
Edmundson

**Leaving Chiarot exposed

Allen

**Price will waive in order to be a good team player and give himself the best chances at winning a cup. He needs a good back-up to eat up some games, and SEA won't pick him and his contract

So, again, Either SEA picks one of the UFA, and end ups having nothign from the Habs, or they pick up Mete / Kulak / some AHLers, Or they take on Byron and get an extra 2nd rounder out of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad