Proposal: Montreal - Florida

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
:habs

Arturri Lehkonen

:panthers

Markus Nutivaara

Both guys sitting in the press box. Lehkonen good PKer, and has a great work ethic. Plus an RFA which would allow the Panthers to retain his rights. From Panthers fans seems like Lehkonen could be of use as well who can move anywhere in the lineup and play either side wing. He's reliable defensively and usually be good for 20-25pts and that's been while playing in a bottom 6 role.

Montreal seems to have their forward group in order and Lehkonen odd man out. Now the Habs have been looking for a mobile puck moving dman with a little size. Nutivaara seems like the exact type of acquisition that Bergevin could aim for. He said in his recent presser that the cap has to make sense. This deal is the type financially and need that the Habs could go for.

Nutivaara Weber
Edmundson Petry
Chiarot Romanov

I can't see the Habs going for a bug name like Ekholm. It looks a lot better than what the Habs are playing with now. Ouellet / Mete / Kulak would be outside looking in which is a huge plus for the Habs.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
I'd rather find a way to send Byron to Florida for Nuti. Might have to attach a 3rd round pick or something to make it work, but I'd gamble on Nutivaara.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I'd rather find a way to send Byron to Florida for Nuti. Might have to attach a 3rd round pick or something to make it work, but I'd gamble on Nutivaara.
Byron in this deal I doubt the Panthers take. Byron I expect to be moved in the off-season. Mete most likely gone plus the drop off of 2mill from Alzners buyout make this deal a win win for the Habs. Theynprobably aren't re-signing Lehkonen and Mete. So the space will be there. It's not like Nutivaara is making 5mill per. This is good cap wise for this year. Then in the off-season look to move Byron when it's more manageable and teams structure of their teams have openings.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Lehkonen isn't waiver material, he can play on any line, ideally as a middle 6. The guy adds hard work and defensive acumen to any line. I'd hate letting him go, he's a guy who always performs come playoff time. But he's not a natural point producer by any means.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
As a Florida fan, I’d consider it: Lekhonnen could be a good addition to fourth line where we need someone to take the fourth LW role once everyone is healthy.

Byron is too expensive: we already have Connolly for that contract slot ;)

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Byron just cleared waivers. Florida could have taken him for free. He’s negative value. So your proposal doesn’t make sense given Florida is now including an asset to get Byron with a tiny sweetener.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I don't think the Panthers have any interest in taking on Byron and his additional 2 seasons @$3.4. I also don't think a middle of the round 3rd is going to be enough to get a team to bite on a 32 year old bottom 6 that has struggled to stay on the ice over the past 3 seasons. I've seen a few Habs fans comment on just moving Byron in the off season - I think this is going to be difficult primarily because of term.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
I don't think the Panthers have any interest in taking on Byron and his additional 2 seasons @$3.4. I also don't think a middle of the round 3rd is going to be enough to get a team to bite on a 32 year old bottom 6 that has struggled to stay on the ice over the past 3 seasons. I've seen a few Habs fans comment on just moving Byron in the off season - I think this is going to be difficult primarily because of term.
You do realise SEA expansion is coming, so habs could gladly pay them one of their many 2nd rd picks or 3rd rd picks to pick Byron.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Why on earth should the Habs move a useful bottom 6 for a semi useful old 7th defenseman.

We got plenty of those.

Last edited:
Reactions: le_sean

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Dear fellow Habs fans,

Please stop trying to stick Byron into every proposal. He's not a tradeable asset at the moment, not without taking another bad contract back.

Thanks.

It's okay we'll pay a 2nt to seatle to take him, he won't start next season with the Habs

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Montreal has a ton of low-end Dmen, it's high-end ones they need...wasting Lehkonen on another is not doing anything but hurting the 4th line...

It satisfies the sofa sitting GMs fantasies. Real GMs think otherwise.

Lehky is going nowhere. He's too cheap to trade for cap and the return is not worth it.

Last edited:

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
If you think so, but Byron is far from one of the worst contract they'll get to pick from

On the Habs?
Hell yeah.
Think about it: he was put on waivers two times recently, and nobody picked him up.

Love the player, would play on 3rd line on most teams for sure, he's a gamer and everything....

But he's not worth 3,4M$ for three years, at least not in a World with a flat cap.

Would love to be proven wrong about him and all, but we live in reality here

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
It's okay we'll pay a 2nt to seatle to take him, he won't start next season with the Habs
Let's say you have about 4M$ of cap space for the Habs right now. Let's also say I am a GM and I call you and say: "Hi, I'll give you waiver fodder Byron and a 2nd for nothing in return" would you do it? Hell no! Stop being so short sighted. Teams are cap strapped.

Now you'll say "B-b-but Seattle has alot of cap, they need to fill it! They will gadly take Byron or a Chiarot, yuuh"
Why!? Like seriously how do you get to that!? What kind of gas lighting will you use next to say Byron or Chiarot(as some others say) would be finger licking tempting for them. Oh wait, must have forgotten, THE TREASURED SECOND ROUND PICK! Why not dump them the bought out Alzner contract too then if it were allowed. Post concussion Byron is not the same player at all. Everyone and their mothers know that.

Sorry it had to be you, but some post are just ludicrous.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes