Proposal: Montreal - Fallin for Dahlin

Binary Code

How do I change that
Aug 22, 2013
Delirium
Yeah as a Habs fan I would love those trade which means they are brutals for the other teams.

Would you do those?

Habs - Oilers :

Pacioretty + Hudon + Galchenyuk + 1st 2018 for Lucic + Malone

Habs - Sabres :

Gallagher + Lekhonen for Pouliot

Because this is pretty much what you are doing

Reactions: Brock Radunske

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
the issue is I don;t think the habs actually get worse with those deals...besides
deal 1 - Edmonton laughs...thats a huge over payment from them
deal 2 - Calgary says no...
deal 3 - Galchenyuk doesn;t get that sort of return.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
If you’ve watched our games this year, you would know Price does have limits and can’t save a terrible team.
Don't disagree with that, he's not going to make the team good on his own. But I think he can save them from being a bottom 3-5 team which is where you're gonna need to be if you want a realistic shot at drafting a Dahlin type prospect, and even then you'd have to be lucky

also, I think evaluating teams on 5-6 game sample sizes is dangerous

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Edmonton and Buffalo hang up.

Oilers are gonna need those cheap ELC players already next season when McDavid accounts for 12 million on the cap

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Literally the only key to a Montreal tank is blowing out Price's knees.
I wouldn't make the Gallagher trade, Buffalo wouldn't make the Galchenyuk trade, do we even really need to address the Oilers one? Man that's bad

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I seen a few suggestions along these lines. Excluding the Buffalo deal. I've seen some agreements on these boards for the two trades below.

Pacioretty + Danault for Nugent Hopkins + Pulujarvi
Galchenyuk + De La Rose/McCarron for Jankowski + Brouwer@4mill +1st round pick

Drouin Nugent Hopkins Pulujarvi
Hudon Plekanec Gallagher
Lehkonen Jankowski Brouwer
Byron Mitchell Shaw
Hemsky

I don't know it makes the Habs a lot younger but takes away potential scoring. On the other hand the team isn't scoring so the change could be good.

Though Bergevin said he made the Subban - Weber deal as they were going for it now and got the Habs closer to the Stanley Cup. The team has so far taken like 3 steps backwards. Time can still chance but I think Bergevin will go down with the sinking ship as he figures the defense is better than last year. He also believes Weber moved us closer, which at this time it doesn't look like we are. So I doubt any of these youth movement deals happen. I will be shocked if they do.

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
How do you not trade Pleky if you’re in a minor rebuild for a 2nd or something. The guy has been done since 2 weeks into the 15-16 season but trade him at 50% retained

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
How do you not trade Pleky if you’re in a minor rebuild for a 2nd or something. The guy has been done since 2 weeks into the 15-16 season but trade him at 50% retained

Have to think there's a team willing to pay a first or a decent prospect at the deadline for him if he has a decent enough year

hockeyguru19

Jun 6, 2017
Not a full blown rebuild, with neither Weber or Price in the proposals, but I think Montreal needs to be bad for a year or two and get high-end talent (Dahlin)

Montreal - Edmonton
Pacioretty + Shaw for Yamamoto + Puljujarvi + 2018 1st

Montreal - Calgary
Gallagher for Jankowski + 2019 1st

Montreal - Buffalo
Galchenyuk for Nylander + Okposo

Line-up (very young)
Drouin - Plekanec - Pujujarvi
Hudon - Danault - Lehkonen
Yamamoto - Jankowski- Okoposo
Byron - Mitchell - Hemsky

Mete - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Schlemko - Juulsen

Price
Montoya
Cannot get Dahlin even if you finish with 25 points and deadlast....there is a draft lottery ...last year Colorado 48 points ......Flyers 88 points......Philly drafted second Avalanche 4th.

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017
Not a full blown rebuild, with neither Weber or Price in the proposals, but I think Montreal needs to be bad for a year or two and get high-end talent (Dahlin)

Montreal - Edmonton
Pacioretty + Shaw for Yamamoto + Puljujarvi + 2018 1st

I stopped reading after this. Laughable. Weber is most definitely going to be on the table if that’s what you want from the oilers and even then our RW depth is so scarce we aren’t trading away our best 2 prospects in that position without getting something back to replace them, and no Shaw isn’t it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad