Proposal: Montreal - Colorado - Calgary

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
The Avs are just finishing up a rebuild and looking to get faster and younger. They most likely wouldn't have interest in Patches at all, let alone over pay for him. For the 16th and a decent prospect they could get a better player in Skinner. So the Avs would tell them to sit on their thumbs.

Also no way does Bennett get you a 1st. Nor is that a good deal for MTL.

Reactions: Patagonia

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
The Avs are just finishing up a rebuild and looking to get faster and younger. They most likely wouldn't have interest in Patches at all, let alone over pay for him. For the 16th and a decent prospect they could get a better player in Skinner. So the Avs would tell them to sit on their thumbs.

Also no way does Bennett get you a 1st. Nor is that a good deal for MTL.
If the AVs just finished a rebuild I get the wanting to get faster, but why would they want to get younger already. They have their young core and add on that they are already one of the youngest teams as it is. I would imagine they would like to add 1-2 vets that have playoff experience.

And to your point on a better player in Skinner. This whole thing of Pacioretty on one off year which the whole Habs team was below average except Gallagher and Petry.

Pacioretty brings a lot more tangibles to the table then just scoring which Skinner in my eyes doesn’t. Pacioretty PKs/ plays a strong two way game which I’ve watched Skinners play multiple times this season and feel his defensive game is lacking. Skinner is not strong defensively and has been a minus player every single year he’s play except his first year.

Pacioretty has the speed to play with the AVs roster. If age is a concern then just say his age. But don’t state Skinner is overall better because of one bad season from Pacioretty.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
If the AVs just finished a rebuild I get the wanting to get faster, but why would they want to get younger already. They have their young core and add on that they are already one of the youngest teams as it is. I would imagine they would like to add 1-2 vets that have playoff experience.
Avs are not in a compete now mode. Outside of adding a long term piece or two, there isn't an interest in getting someone just for the sake of having veterans. They prefer to let them develop on their own. There's still a couple years before seriously considering a move for playoff experience.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

And to your point on a better player in Skinner. This whole thing of Pacioretty on one off year which the whole Habs team was below average except Gallagher and Petry.

Pacioretty brings a lot more tangibles to the table then just scoring which Skinner in my eyes doesn’t. Pacioretty PKs/ plays a strong two way game which I’ve watched Skinners play multiple times this season and feel his defensive game is lacking. Skinner is not strong defensively and has been a minus player every single year he’s play except his first year.

Pacioretty has the speed to play with the AVs roster. If age is a concern then just say his age. But don’t state Skinner is overall better because of one bad season from Pacioretty.

Age is the problem.

I personally believe Patches is better, but age and contract are the concerns. AVs have the Cap Space, but still 2-3 years away from challenging for the Cup. Already the youngest team in the league with a growing roster of good prospects, these players will need ice time. Patches will be an aging vet and signed long term into his mid-30s, but his effectiveness is likely during the next few years during the rebuild.

Timeline does not work for the AVs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad