GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ Minnesota Wild 7pm CST RDS, FS-WI, FS-N+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Some people are never satisfied.

I swear, one day we'll win the Cup and someone will complain that by winning the Cup we'll have lost 10 Stanley Cups.

Bullrun

Jan 22, 2007
interesting minute totals tonight

Pom and Gran with 15-16min
Koivu with 19min
Parise with 22min

Brodin slightly above Suter but both 26-27min

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
not really. Coyle was out with Cooke and Brodz. That line didnt take another shift in the last 2 minutes
I think you are getting things mixed up. He was out there at that moment to test himself. He primarily skated the 3rd period (and late 2nd period) with Koivu and Parise. He was on the ice with them when he got injured. He missed every other shift those two went out there. That's why Pominville and Mitchell were shifted there late... they played in his stead.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
well that was fun.

um...Brodin and Coyle looked rusty. Ballard was his usual self. Hards made some pretty damn nice saves but overall looked a little off. Stoner was terrible. Heatley was slow. the fourth line looked better than it did against chicago. the line juggling made it hard to concentrate on who was with whom and still enjoy the game so i just mostly took it in.

vayeate

OZ-13MSX1
Jun 30, 2011
Really hope Coyle is okay

That's why I don't watch many games at the X from home, if I hear Lapanta mispronounce Plekanec name one more time I could scream.

Not as bad as Greenlay pronouncing, Canadiens, "Canadi-eh-ns". Drove me nuts.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
The pronunciation in this game by FSN was atrocious IMO

Lapanta was calling Subban "Soo-Bahn" for a part of the game

vayeate

OZ-13MSX1
Jun 30, 2011
The pronunciation in this game by FSN was atrocious IMO

Lapanta was calling Subban "Soo-Bahn" for a part of the game
I heard him pronounce it a couple different ways in one shift. Pretty sure he said Sub(like Submarine)-bahn a couple times as well.

J22*

I think you are getting things mixed up. He was out there at that moment to test himself. He primarily skated the 3rd period (and late 2nd period) with Koivu and Parise. He was on the ice with them when he got injured. He missed every other shift those two went out there. That's why Pominville and Mitchell were shifted there late... they played in his stead.

Do you really think they would send him out for a dzone faceoff with 3minutes left in a 1 goal game, to test himself? I'm sure he probably got banged up, but he wouldnt have been out there at all if he was injured.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Do you really think they would send him out for a dzone faceoff with 3minutes left in a 1 goal game, to test himself? I'm sure he probably got banged up, but he wouldnt have been out there at all if he was injured.

Sorry... I've seen it WAY too many times in the NHL. A player wants to test their fresh injury, they step on the ice for 20-30 seconds of play... don't play another shift, then miss the next 10 games.

Not saying that's for sure what happened here, just saying he just came off a knee injury. The 2nd boarding incident looked to hurt his knee. It's concerning.

J22*

Sorry... I've seen it WAY too many times in the NHL. A player wants to test their fresh injury, they step on the ice for 20-30 seconds of play... don't play another shift, then miss the next 10 games.

Not saying that's for sure what happened here, just saying he just came off a knee injury. The 2nd boarding incident looked to hurt his knee. It's concerning.

And I can all but guarantee that you've never seen that situation in the last 3 minutes of a 1 goal game.

I dont know if he's hurt or not, but I do know that you were wrong when you said he missed a bunch of shifts in the 3rd

Billy Mays Here*

Can we please make Nino - Grumpers - Pommers a permanent line for like the next 10 games? I love the chemistry Gringo has with Nino and especially with Population.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
And I can all but guarantee that you've never seen that situation in the last 3 minutes of a 1 goal game.

I dont know if he's hurt or not, but I do know that you were wrong when you said he missed a bunch of shifts in the 3rd

I said a few shifts late, not a bunch. If he was uninjured, he would have played those shifts.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Some people are never satisfied.

I swear, one day we'll win the Cup and someone will complain that by winning the Cup we'll have lost 10 Stanley Cups.

See who the guy was in Boston that complained about John Farrell the day after they won the World Series?

There is always some people

In any case, good win for the Wild, nice to see the chemistry develop on some lines, hope Yeo keeps 3rd period lines together for New Jersey and Coyle is okay.

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
You know you're bad when Konopka is better than you. Sorry Heatley you just don't have a reason to be playing in games.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Well, it was nice while it lasted, Coyle. Bad feeling about this. He was lucky to shake off the first hit tonight, but the 2nd drop may have put him right back into the press box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad