HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Draft (#3, #35, #38, #56, #62, #66, #97, #102, #122 & #128)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
From the prospect board:
Pronman said on twitter that Kravtsov and Alexeev measured an inch taller than previously measured. That would be 6'3 Kravtsov and 6'4 Alexeev.

Also Hallander 6'2 and Noel 6'5.​

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

It seems more and more apparent Habs are in stock piling mode. Will invite a lot of players to see if they find any to sign.

I know this is common practice among all teams to have their own little combine and so on. But if Scott Wheeler seems to think it's an "interesting approach," reason to think Habs may be doing something a little different than other teams or different from other years.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
DepdjY8WkAAjOmh.jpg

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

It seems more and more apparent Habs are in stock piling mode. Will invite a lot of players to see if they find any to sign.

I know this is common practice among all teams to have their own little combine and so on. But if Scott Wheeler seems to think it's an "interesting approach," reason to think Habs may be doing something a little different than other teams or different from other years.

It's the Stockholm one. I like that they are going to Stockholm! That's great news. It gives them an opportunity to see & interview players who can't make it N.A or weren't invited.

Might improve our European free agent situation later too as the prospects would already have a history with the Canadiens organization, etc.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
he's just delegating, it's Churla's job to know the draft order. :sarcasm:

The only order Churla will know is what each member of the Habs' brass wants to eat during the meetins.

I have wondered why Churla isn't given more screen time. When Timmins was Head of Amateur Scouting, he was the one being interviewed. He gets promoted and Churla becomes Head of Amateur Scouting, but it's still Timmins in front of the camera. I know Timmins is more focused in that department and has been the voice of the amateur drafting for a very long time. But why is it only Timmins who meets the press and does all the media and nothing from Churla.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The only order Churla will know is what each member of the Habs' brass wants to eat during the meetins.

I have wondered why Churla isn't given more screen time. When Timmins was Head of Amateur Scouting, he was the one being interviewed. He gets promoted and Churla becomes Head of Amateur Scouting, but it's still Timmins in front of the camera. I know Timmins is more focused in that department and has been the voice of the amateur drafting for a very long time. But why is it only Timmins who meets the press and does all the media and nothing from Churla.

that's an interesting question. I have always wondered how much pull does Churla have and what he's bringing to the job. We just don't hear much about him or from him. Wonder why.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Just happy they're going to have Bouchard and Ducharme at the combine.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I don't know but I can't recall the last time that a Head of Amateur Scouting said something remotely newsworthy. They recycle the same platitudes year over year.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don't know but I can't recall the last time that a Head of Amateur Scouting said something remotely newsworthy. They recycle the same platitudes year over year.

I know it's recylced talk. I like Timmins and think he's good at his job and is good with the media. I just wonder why we don't hear more from Churla.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I know Grant McCagg doesn't hold a high place on most people's opinions, but he has been a big advocate for Kotkaniemi and at least with this tweet, he states facts:

^^ the number on the left is the ranking he finished in each test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad