Proposal: Montreal - Calgary

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Counter offer

Johnny hockey + hanifin
For
Suzuki +drouin + 2021 1St rd pic

lollllll. Hanifin has done literally nothing since he's been in the nhl. He doesn't have much offense and is getting carried by tanev defensively. Gaudreau is a ghostly in the playoffs and has 2 years left on his deal. Dream on. Take out drouin and its still hell no.

Reactions: alasania94

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
:habs

Jonathan Drouin
Ben Chiarot
Kaiden Guhle
1st round pick

:flames

Johnny Gaudreau
Noah Hanifin
3rd round pick(EDM)
Favors the Habs too much but it’s fun.

Sub in Danault for Charoit. Make the 1st 2022 unprotected, won’t be lottery anyway. Take away the 3rd round pick going to the Habs.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
No interest in Drouin or Chiarot, especially with their contracts. The other 2 pieces might turn out good or might end up being nothing.

Can't see Hanifin getting moved unless it's an overpayment, he can be part of a retool easy enough. Don't know what Gaudreau will get but hopefully it isn't lesser players with not so great contracts.
See a good response.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
I wouldn't trade suzuki for anything on the flames roster.
What's with all that love for suzuki, what has he done for all that love, i know he's young and a good player but i see him as a good all around player but not a star player, so come down hab fans, i would not trade gaudreau straight up for suzuki, gaudreau has put up 90 plus point already i bet you suzuki will never do that, he never did even in junior, and you wouldn't trade him for any flames player buddy give your head a shake, i can think of 5 players on the flames with more value than suzuki, so there you have it from a neutral fan and a leaf fan.

Reactions: Cogburn

CF84

I want to go home, O I want to go home!
Feb 21, 2017
The real cowtown, AB
lollllll. Hanifin has done literally nothing since he's been in the nhl. He doesn't have much offense and is getting carried by tanev defensively. Gaudreau is a ghostly in the playoffs and has 2 years left on his deal. Dream on. Take out drouin and its still hell no.
Hopefully your better at constructing buildings than you are at constructing arguments, because the bolded shows how little you actually know.

Hanifin has been excellent this year and has been one of the only bright spots for the Flames. Your statement is very stupid.

Reactions: Cogburn

zaluty

May 30, 2007
Kingston
Gaudreau is over rated and will walk in two years. That said I am sure the Flames will get better offers for him. He may just need a change of scenery,

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
What's with all that love for suzuki, what has he done for all that love, i know he's young and a good player but i see him as a good all around player but not a star player, so come down hab fans, i would not trade gaudreau straight up for suzuki, gaudreau has put up 90 plus point already i bet you suzuki will never do that, he never did even in junior, and you wouldn't trade him for any flames player buddy give your head a shake, i can think of 5 players on the flames with more value than suzuki, so there you have it from a neutral fan and a leaf fan.

Oh please name me the 5 players. Please I beg you.
If you say gaudreau you're just delusional because calagary fans already proposed that shit and habs fans said hell no.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Oh please name me the 5 players. Please I beg you.
If you say gaudreau you're just delusional because calagary fans already proposed that shit and habs fans said hell no.

Well.

Matthew Tkachuk for sure.
Noah Hanifin for sure.

The rest? Dunno; kind of a toss up. Lindholm is a better player, but he's also older. Gaudreau is a better player, but he's also older and expiring on a deal within a couple years.

Calgary's issue is the sum of its parts have amounted to a negative equation.

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Well.

Matthew Tkachuk for sure.
Noah Hanifin for sure.

The rest? Dunno; kind of a toss up. Lindholm is a better player, but he's also older. Gaudreau is a better player, but he's also older and expiring on a deal within a couple years.

Calgary's issue is the sum of its parts have amounted to a negative equation.

Lol to hanifin being more valuable than suzuki. I forgot about tkachuk. 1 player that's it.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Favors the Habs too much but it’s fun.

Sub in Danault for Charoit. Make the 1st 2022 unprotected, won’t be lottery anyway. Take away the 3rd round pick going to the Habs.

Habs aren'r tradinf their 2022 1st rd pick. It's 2021 or nothing. There's a lot nore talent in the 2022 draft, and Habs will use their ton of picks to get more picks from the 2022 drafg in the near futur

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Habs aren'r tradinf their 2022 1st rd pick. It's 2021 or nothing. There's a lot nore talent in the 2022 draft, and Habs will use their ton of picks to get more picks from the 2022 drafg in the near futur
Which is yet another reason why Montreal likely makes no trades this deadline. Gotta pay to play. Or just sit it out.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Which is yet another reason why Montreal likely makes no trades this deadline. Gotta pay to play. Or just sit it out.

Oh we can Pay... 1st in 2021, B prospects like Struble, Poehling, Ykonen, teasdale etc. Habs aren't trading grade A prospects for guys like Gaudreau, and are certainly not giving away a 20yo Dman like Romanov who'll be just as good if not better than hanifin in 1 or 2 years. Same goes for Guhle or Caufield. Ans Habs are certainly not trading an unprotected 1st in 2022.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I have seen worse for sure and I firmly admit not the biggest Drouin fan. However if you are acquiring Drouin it is because you have a 35+ goal scorer in place and are acquiring Drouin to set up the 35 goal scorer. Drouin goal scoring getting worse by the second. That goal scorer is not on Calgary if they traded Johnny. Chiarot makes little sense for Calgary to acquire pre ED. Could lose for free in 3 months in ED. So its a 1, Guhle and a set up assist guy for a non existent goal scorer for a 1st line winger and no 2/3 d-man. Makes little sense for Calgary to do.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017

That's just completely false

Reactions: abo9

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I have seen worse for sure and I firmly admit not the biggest Drouin fan. However if you are acquiring Drouin it is because you have a 35+ goal scorer in place and are acquiring Drouin to set up the 35 goal scorer. Drouin goal scoring getting worse by the second. That goal scorer is not on Calgary if they traded Johnny. Chiarot makes little sense for Calgary to acquire pre ED. Could lose for free in 3 months in ED. So its a 1, Guhle and a set up assist guy for a non existent goal scorer for a 1st line winger and no 2/3 d-man. Makes little sense for Calgary to do.

Drouin seems like he would drag down a 35+ goal scorer. Drouin is what he is now, a tweener good for about .6 PPG without an especially physical game. He has solid offensive instincts, but doesn't have the physical abilities or skill to fully realize on those instincts.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Drouin seems like he would drag down a 35+ goal scorer. Drouin is what he is now, a tweener good for about .6 PPG without an especially physical game. He has solid offensive instincts, but doesn't have the physical abilities or skill to fully realize on those instincts.
I personally don't want Drouin within 500 feet of my team. But if he not playing with a goal scorer and a 2 way center, his issues get exposed worse. Drouin has a whopping 2 goals scored this year. That is as many as Nick Jensen as comparison.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
I personally don't want Drouin within 500 feet of my team. But if he not playing with a goal scorer and a 2 way center, his issues get exposed worse. Drouin has a whopping 2 goals scored this year. That is as many as Nick Jensen as comparison.

Cause scoring is all their is to hockey!

Nicklas Backstrom and Joe Thornton must suck sooooo much in your mind then!

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Oh we can Pay... 1st in 2021, B prospects like Struble, Poehling, Ykonen, teasdale etc. Habs aren't trading grade A prospects for guys like Gaudreau, and are certainly not giving away a 20yo Dman like Romanov who'll be just as good if not better than hanifin in 1 or 2 years. Same goes for Guhle or Caufield. Ans Habs are certainly not trading an unprotected 1st in 2022.

This nonsensical idea that teams want to trade you their quality for your quantity is amusing. but there is a contingent in your fan base that believes in fairy tales with a Pollyanna mindset.

So set your sights much lower and hope those lower level acquisitions targets out perform. That’s a strategy too. And not necessarily a bad one either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flyer lurker

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
This nonsensical idea that teams want to trade you their qualify for your quantity is amusing. but there is a contingent in your fan base that believes in fairy tales with a Pollyanna mindset.

So set your sights much lower and hope those lower level acquisitions targets out perform. That’s a strategy too. And not necessarily a bad one either.

It's not like we were trying to trade lame prospects and career AHLer like Jones or Benson! Guys that are on the table actually have potentiel to contribute easilly in anyone's top6 / Top4 in a near future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad